Posted on: February 16, 2020
Accounting ManagerKnoxville, TN SharePosted 8 days agoApply
NowProcessing...Email Job Apply NowProcessing...Email JobJob
DescriptionPurpose: The Accounting Manager is responsible for all
areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. This position
will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting
principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely
financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises two staff
accountants/clerks and is responsible for managing the team to
ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely
and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and
full cycle accounting and payroll activities including general
ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end financial audit
preparation in addition to DCAA mid-year audit preparation and the
support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager
will have contact with the firm's Director of Accounting,
President/CEO and CPAs which requires strong interpersonal
communication skills both written and verbal. Essential Job
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial
- Ensure the monthly Bank Compliance activities are performed in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support
overall company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting
- Responds to inquiries from the President, CEO, Accounting
Director, Operations Managers and outside Financial Professionals
regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the
- Work with the Outside Financial Professionals to ensure a clean
and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the accounting support group to ensure all financial
reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and
features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts,
absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the
professional development of staff.
- Support Executive Management with special projects and workflow
process improvements. Position Requirements:Education
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance is
preferred and progressive related accounting/finance experience is
required. Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Minimum of 5 years prior accounting supervisory experience in
the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience working in a federal government contracting firm is
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint automated accounting system is
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with Government contract and cost accounting.
- Experience with indirect pool structures, DCAA auditing and
financial auditing requirements.
- Experience with Deltek and Quickbooks accounting software.
- Experience in Financial reporting and Budgeting.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, FAR and FTR.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Other job-related duties required.EEO/Drug Free Workplace
Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, or protected veteran status. Our company takes
affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in
employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected
veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Our company maintains
a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment will be contingent
on applicant passing a pre-employment drug screen.Read More
Keywords: PSI, Knoxville , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!