Company: UT Federal Credit Union
Posted on: March 28, 2020
SUMMARY:Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine
financial status of organization and prepares financial reports
concerning operating procedures. Ensures operational efficiencies
through implementation of quality control reviews.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Works interdependently with staff of the organization while at
the same time conducts verification of work practices and
procedures. Maintains an audit schedule daily, weekly, monthly and
annually that addresses all the major areas of risk in the
- Reviews data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities,
capital, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Inspects items in books of original entry to determine if
accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording
- Counts cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable,
negotiable securities, and cancelled checks.
- Verifies journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments,
purchases, expenses, and trial balances by examining and
authenticating asset portfolio items. (i.e., loans, investments,
land and buildings, equipment, etc.)
- Prepares reports for management concerning scope of audit,
financial conditions found, and source and application of
- Makes recommendations regarding improving operations and
financial position of credit union or CUSO where credit union is
- Completes the quality control checklists in the review of loan
files. Ensures all file documentation is complete and correct.
Prepares a monthly report for management on all loan files that
have been quality checked.
- Responsible for security operations:
- Add/Remove employee access at all affected locations due to
manager requests, transfers or termination.
- Maintain surveillance systems for optimal performance to record
member transaction areas & access to secured areas, including
vaults, cash count rooms, debit card embossing equipment & IT
- Verify alarm & video systems are synched to correct time.
- Responsible for cameras and DVRs'programming set ups, requests
to move cameras, recording performance monitoring, contacting
external vendor to ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Maintain & update building alarm code set up & removal for
staff, as well as after-hours contact lists.
- Maintain & keep updated combinations to safes for all branches
(includes cash vault, ATM, night drop & Safe Deposit Box
- Maintain & keep updated extra sets of keys for all branches
(includes exterior/interior doors, furniture & equipment)
- Adjust the electronic door openings/closings for affected
branches, as needed.
- Coordinate with management, staff & law enforcement to provide
surveillance footage for fraud/robbery issues.
- Share with staff fraud/robbery alerts from other financial
institutions & members of law enforcement.
- Adheres to the credit union's records retention policy and
procedures guideline to effectively maintain records and to ensure
full compliance with all applicable laws and appropriate regulatory
- Assists in the transfer of records into the retention storage,
and retrieval of requested records.
- Assists in the implementation of the credit union's security
- Performs such other duties as the board of directors and/or
Supervisory Committee may from time to time require.PERFORMANCE
STANDARDS:Performs duties, responsibilities and accountabilities in
accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and
Generally Accepted Auditing Standards for credit
unions.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE:Bachelors degree in a related field and 4 to 6 years
auditing experience required. Prior experience in a financial
institution preferred.LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read, analyze, and
interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common
inquiries or complaints from customers,regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community. Ability to write speeches
andarticles for publication that conform to prescribed style and
format. Ability to effectively present information to top
management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS:Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane
and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
situations.REASONING ABILITY:Ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
concrete variables.OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:Ability to work with
personal computer data base and spreadsheet program.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.WORK
ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: UT Federal Credit Union, Knoxville , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!