Single Point of Contact (SPOC) (Default Servicing and Collections) Agent
Company: First Horizon Corp.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- If hired, you are eligible for $1,000 signing bonus. $300 is
payable after 30 days, $300 after 90 days and $400 after 120 days
At First Horizon Bank Operations, we are on a mission to deliver a
seamless customer experience. We are passionate about doing things
right and doing the right things. We collaborate with each other
and with our internal business partners to delight our customers.
We believe in creating an environment where everyone's ideas are
valued so that the team operates at its best. Our team members
serve with humility and a deep commitment to their responsibility
to be the best at serving their customers one opportunity at a
The Single Point of Contact (SPOC) Default Servicing Specialist
role is responsible for providing delinquent or imminent default
real estate borrowers with a direct point of contact that will
assist them through the loss mitigation servicing process when
considering home retention or non-retention options. In addition,
customers in default or imminent danger of default (not limited to
real estate products), contact SPOC for assistance in assessing,
resolving and executing appropriate workout solutions.
We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined individual who excels in a
team environment, who takes ownership and who is enthusiastic about
a job well done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Models high level of sincere empathy and sensitivity with
customers when communicating difficult, and oftentimes,
- Cross-collaborates with inter-department teams and other
business lines, exhibiting outstanding customer service,
communication skills, researching, resolving issues, and
maintaining a sense of urgency to keep customer requests within
- Reviews all information the borrower has provided in connection
with a loss mitigation application for submission to underwriting
including, but not limited to, income and credit, in addition to
entry into the application system.
- Fosters a positive team and working environment.
- Communicates effectively with a diverse population of
- Handles all situations in a professional, ethical
- Escalates special situations or problems, as
- Consistently meets quality control and data integrity standards
utilizing required systems.
- Empowered to make decisions within his or her level of
authority for determining when a complete package, missing
documents, or post-approval stipulations have been
- Responsible for contacting and providing the borrower with
accurate information pertaining, but not limited, to the
o Loss mitigation options available to the borrower.
o Collection of sensitive borrower income documentation for
application entry to include, but not limited to, tax returns and
o Actions the borrower must take to be evaluated for loss
mitigation options, including requirements to submit a complete
loss mitigation application.
o Applicable loss mitigation deadlines for returning documentation
required to decision a borrower's mortgage loan application for a
o The status of any loss mitigation application that the borrower
o Actions the borrower must take to appeal the modification denial,
o The circumstances under which the borrower may be referred to
o Assist borrower with making payments (negotiates/facilitates
sense of urgency) when monies are owed, up to and including asking
for delinquent payments, taking check by phone payments, and
setting up payment arrangements (including follow-up on loan
o Assistance/guidance to borrowers with the completion of any/all
documents in the workout package, when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer contact includes, but is not limited to, the
- Being available to take incoming and make outgoing calls
to/from borrowers regarding their requests for:
o Customer assistance, which may or may not pertain to hardship
o Modification package information
o Documentation being requested and/or sent with sense of urgency
o How to complete the package documents by walking the customer
through requirements and needs
o Providing a current status of where we are in the process
(modification, short/long term assistance)
o Making payments by taking check by phone payments
- Customer centric focus
- Ability to analyze and make decisions for complex borrower
- Knowledge of consumer banking, mortgage loans, credit bureaus,
real estate, and income calculations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to evaluate situations and make appropriate business
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting
- Ability to work well with others and build rapport in business
- Ability to promote the appropriate company image and maintain a
- Ability to work independently and without direct
- Ability to work in contact center environment, to include
wearing a headset
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of email and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify potential
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- College graduate preferred or equivalent experience in related
- 1-2 years of experience in banking, consumer lending
operations, or customer service.
- Helpful to have default servicing, collections, loss mitigation
experience with understanding of modifications, FDCPA, UDAAP, FFIEC
Note: As part of the employment process for this position, you will
have to meet the requirements of a personal credit check. This
position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing
Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is
contingent upon meeting all such requirements.
- Basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions
- Lifting/pushing objects
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with or without the ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and/or quantitative productivity standards.
GREAT benefits for healthcare, retirement, Education Assistance,
Wellness Programs, Career Development, and more!
Hours / Location:
- 8:30 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday. Hours subject to change
as required by business needs.
- Hybrid (combination of on-site and remote)
Keywords: First Horizon Corp., Knoxville , Single Point of Contact (SPOC) (Default Servicing and Collections) Agent, Accounting, Auditing , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!