Adjunct Instructor of Management
Company: Walters State Community College
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor of Management
Campus Location: Morristown Campus (Employees are assigned to a
"home" location but may occasionally or regularly be required to
work at other WSCC locations.)
Job Purpose: To provide instruction in management and business
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach management and business courses. Courses are offered
primarily for conventional in-person classes with potential for
some Hybrid or Desktop Video Courses through Microsoft Teams, Zoom
or other technology.
- Prepare course syllabi and course materials, evaluate student
learning, and maintain class records as defined.
- Complete required training as assigned by the head
- Perform job functions in accordance with the institution's
policies and procedures.
- Manage curricula in accordance with all standards defined by
applicable accredited bodies. This includes regular assessment of
program competencies and changes to curricula based on
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Master Degree in business, management or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
- Understanding and acceptance of the comprehensive community
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective
interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Teaching experience.
- Knowledge of course delivery through information technology
Behavioral Core Competencies:
- Empowers and motivates students to learn effectively.
- Ability to work with all student demographics (traditional
students, adult learners) in delivering required course materials
without compromising the quality of the curriculum is required.
- Works effectively with other faculty and administrators within
the department, the division, and the college to provide
well-developed courses and programs of study.
- Is a team player and contributes to the department and the
division with new ideas and approaches, and uses professional
development opportunities to expand instructional vision.
- Inspires improvement to advance the College's mission while
preserving institutional principles and character; recognizes and
rewards people whose actions support organizational change
- Considers the impact and efficiency of decisions prior to
deciding on a specific course of action in deference to WSCC's
benefactors and supporters.
Leadership & Supervisory: No authority or responsibility for the
supervision of others.
Environment & Working Conditions: Office environment is temperature
controlled with occasional fluctuations. May be exposed to varying
conditions when traveling to various work locations on other
Physical Demands (including requirements for travel or working
- Ability to operate and manage computer equipment and multimedia
equipment as well as standard office machines such as fax and
copier in the department.
- Travel to other campuses as needed to deliver course
- Support evening and distance education offerings as needed to
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.
Keywords: Walters State Community College, Knoxville , Adjunct Instructor of Management, Education / Teaching , Morristown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!