Staff Design Engineer
Company: Xtreme Tower Products
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Title: Staff EngineerReports To: Director of
EngineeringFLSA Status: ExemptPosition Summary: Member of
Engineering Department with the responsibility for design and
construction of prototype marine accessories, which meet or exceed
customer and corporate expectations. Maintains control of technical
data, including but not limited to, drawings, installation
instructions, BOM's, test reports, and release for manufacture
documents. Implements state-of-art product and process designs,
which ensures continued market leadership.Essential Functions and
Responsibilities: - Plans, schedules, and monitors engineering
projects to ensure compliance to customer requirements and company
- Creates and develops 3D models from concept to production-ready
- Designs parts with tolerances for fit and function, as well as
interaction with existing parts.
- Plans, develops, and administers control of data such as
drawings, BOM's, and ECR's.
- Performs problem solving skills as they relate to part design.
- Ensures adherence to department policies and procedures, which
conform to company policies.
- Aids in the development of, and administers conformance to, all
safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Assists in the identification of root cause problems, develops
and implements corrective actions.
- Assists in the development of and participates in the
implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications and
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering required
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication, problem solving, planning, organizing and
technical abilities required.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, and strong customer
service skills required. Conditions and Equipment:
- Standard office environment as well as plant environment which
is temperature controlled during winter and can be above 90 degrees
- SolidWorks, Microsoft Office and a variety of hand tools
proficiency required.Note: Critical features of this job are
described above. They may be subject to change at any time.
Keywords: Xtreme Tower Products, Knoxville , Staff Design Engineer, Engineering , Maryville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!