Company: Johnson Matthey
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Johnson Matthey ('JM') is a global leader in science that
enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of
sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs,
we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers'
products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low
emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making
the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today
more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our
network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the
world around us.The Process Engineer is responsible for providing
process engineering support to existing processes and leading the
development of new processes, lean initiatives, sustainability, and
continuous improvement efforts across the site.Key
- Work as a team player with all levels of the organization and
contribute to continuously elevating organizational
capacity/capability to achieve new levels of performance.
- Analyse manufacturing data and drive data-based product
capability assessments and process improvements
- Define and implement improvements in existing process controls
and opportunities for new or additional systems.
- Assure process documentation is complete, including, but not
limited to process flow diagrams (PFD's) (with material and energy
balances), Process and Instrument Drawings (P&ID's) and process
- Lead and/or participate in formal, documented process reviews
of all new projects.
- Use and support the company's Management of Change (MOC)
- Assure process control systems, including interlocks are
properly designed, implemented and regularly verified as
- Collaborate with EHS and Quality staff to assure manufacturing
processes are safely designed, audited and operated in accordance
with company policies and procedures, which includes all
appropriate local, state and federal regulations and codes.
- Develop and lead Site's Continuous Improvement plan.
- Support the identification and application of CI cost savings
- Develop the capability of employees in CI tools by providing
training, coaching & supporting CI projects.
- Develop and implement a sustainability plan for the site
following the JM Sustainability strategy.
- Lead process-related projects as appropriate.
- Provide technical support and problem solving to the
- Develop skills so that they are capable of expanded
- Perform other duties and required.Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS degree in an Engineering or related field or equivalent
combination of education and work-related experience
- 5-7 years' experience in process engineering
- Good organizational, leadership, interpersonal and
- Good working knowledge of CI tools and application
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Keywords: Johnson Matthey, Knoxville , Process Engineer, Engineering , Sevierville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!