Core Capacity Engineer - Multiple Locations
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Core Capacity Engineer - Multiple Locations - ENG001169
The Core Capacity Engineer is responsible for overall capacity design and planning, for the existing and future IMS, Core, and WAN network. The engineer receives a forecast from marketing and dimensions the network based on that forecast. Ensures capacity requirements are achieved through forecasting subscriber demand for network services, including voice and data traffic. Solicits input from Sales, Marketing, and business leadership while working with Domain Engineers, and vendors to ensure adequate capacity and service margin.
- Responsible for voice, data and transport capacity on all network elements across the Services Engineering portfolio, including the IMS, EPC, and WAN core networks.
- Utilizes marketing forecast to dimension the network for adequate capacity margins. Trends actual vs. marketing forecast to insure capacity meets customer demand/projected growth while maintaining adequate service margin.
- Work closely with Analytics and Automation Engineers to model capacity growth projections and assist in making decisions on 'just in time' capacity growth - strike balance between capacity growth and managing costs.
- Supports Strategic Long Range Forecast requests, understand the changes projected and how they might impact capacity needs across the network. Supports the Capital Budgeting Process.
- Assist with root cause determination of capacity-related incidents to determine best solution. Coordinate with both internal teams and external vendors to provide solutions.
- Initiates and maintains collaborative open communications between all departments to promote open dialog and best solutions to meet business need.
- Participates in department related projects defining or refining processes and procedures to improve capacity and manage cost.
- Ensures team is operating within companywide capacity standard guidelines.
- Stays current on technology trends and how they impact network capacity.
- Travel required as needed. THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and minimum 3 years experience; or equivalent work or military experience.
- Masters degree preferred but not required.
- CDMA2000/EVDO/LTE/VoLTE/Data Networking knowledge and experience required. Familiarity with Networking Protocols used in these areas is required.
- Knowledge of Traffic Engineering and Capacity Planning is required
- Knowledge of IETF, GSMA and 3GPP standards
- Strong problem solving abilities. Moderate to minimum supervision over work product. Works independently on routine research and reporting functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and meet changing work needs seamlessly and effectively; Work well with a diverse group of people and able to work independently Assists colleagues unprompted
- Proficient with MS Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, required. Skill in WAN/Core/Switching strongly preferred. Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN Illinois-CHICAGO_IL, Iowa-URBANDALE_IA, Washington-LONGVIEW_WA, Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL, New Hampshire-BEDFORD_NH, Iowa-CEDAR RAPIDS_IA, Oklahoma-TULSA_OK, Wisconsin-MADISON_WI
U.S. Cellular-- is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Keywords: US Cellular, Knoxville , Core Capacity Engineer - Multiple Locations, Engineering , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!