TPA Staff Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Technical and Operations Support
--- Provide technical support for theTPA manufacturing area. Support includes daily interaction with fellow staff and Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering personnel, along with other support groups and manufacturing partners. Troubleshooting, optimization, process improvements and leadership responsibilities for a subset of the TPA manufacturing facilities are part of the opportunities of this position.
TPA Environmental Steward
- Maintain & Update Environmental Permits, Procedures and other Environmental documents as needed.
- Complete required regulatory documentation.
- Drive environmental improvements in the department.
- Develop implementation strategies for proposed and newly established environmental regulations.
- Lead the TPA Environmental Team and represent TPA on the Polymers Division Environmental Team.
SItuation Awareness Steward
- Lead the effort to improve Situation Awareness in TPA by:
* Identifying and driving improvements in alarm management stragies, interlock systems, and HMI graphics
* Benchmarking and collaborating with other areas (Eastman and non-Eastman) on emerging technologies around process monitoring and control, alarm management, graphics, interlocks, and operator cockpit design.
Education - BS, Chemical Engineering (required)
Experience - 2 years experience (required), 3+ years (preferred)
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Keywords: Eastman, Knoxville , TPA Staff Engineer, Engineering , Kingsport, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!