Venture Boat Group - Category Manager, Bayliner and Heyday
Posted on: March 26, 2020
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big
difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company
that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and
working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've
found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
This role will be responsible for establishing a profitable
commercial strategy for the Bayliner and Heyday portfolios. Serving
as the "glue" of the organization this individual will work with
other key leaders in the organization to coordinate strategies with
Sales, Marketing, PD&E, and Operations. This role will be
responsible for directing, managing and monitoring the overarching
product portfolio strategies that drive optimal product related
business performance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop a business intelligence process to consistently map the
competitive environment and use this data to support product,
pricing, distribution and promotion strategies.
- Establishing a category strategy that balances consumer needs,
market trends, product lifecycle, technology trends, profitability,
manufacturing footprint and operational complexity.
- Serving as internal resource to Sales, Marketing, Service, and
Brunswick Boat Group Technology Center to shape new product
innovation by connecting dealer, consumer, and category
- Leading the data collection and analysis of all pricing
initiatives; work closely with sales, finance, and engineering to
determine optimal competitive/market driven pricing; work closely
with the sales team to determine the appropriate promotional
- Conducting market/channel performance analysis, developing or
optimizing distribution strategy to maximize product availability &
visibility, and improving customer service through dealers for each
key market identified by Sales.
- Directing long range business planning activities to meet
future strategic & financial goals, such as long-term demand
forecasting and manufacturing footprint planning.
- Leverage external relationships with design and technology
experts to influence new product design and existing product
enhancements that will help to provide a sustainable competitive
advantage for Bayliner and Heyday.
- Manage the Program Approval Committee (PAC) governance and
oversight for new product and technology programs in the
- Lead and coordinate Venture Group NA strategic documentation
and reporting to convey and align with corporate objectives.
- Monitor existing product market performance and develop
appropriate actions/activities to ensure peak performance
throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop and recommend New Product design/development charters
that will provide a scope of work for design and engineering to
develop world class industry leading products.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or similar along with
5-7 years of general business experience; product, portfolio or
lifecycle management and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven successes with project management, trend and opportunity
identification and portfolio insight.
- Experience with database management (SalesForce, Business
Objects, advanced Excel skills, or similar).
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and manage diverse portfolio and prioritize
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to
- Ability to influence, lead, negotiate, inspire and coordinate
multiple cross-functional teams at all levels of the
- Knowledge of product, product features and benefits, customer
profiles, customer buying preferences, competitive trends,
competitive product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to
better manage the brand and grow the portfolio.
- Implement price positioning and supporting work for annual
product line pricing processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Have an excellent command of data and data presentation
- Manage and proactively report on several projects at any given
- Think big while managing the small details through to
- Possess intellectual curiosity and passion.
- Track global consistency and leverage of best practices across
brands to ensure product and brand integrity.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams on strategic category
issues, processes and initiatives.
- Provide category and direct product expertise, market trend,
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations
from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please
contact our support team at: email@example.com or
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies#Brunswick Corporation
Keywords: Brunswick, Knoxville , Venture Boat Group - Category Manager, Bayliner and Heyday, Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!