Community Integration Director (Marketing, PR)
Company: Dick's Sporting Goods
Posted on: November 20, 2020
DescriptionWe’re building something new in Knoxville, TN. A
destination devoted to sports. A place where the community will
gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, we’re
building a leadership team that will dream big, obsess over the
athlete (our customer), inspire teammates and challenge every
‘normal’ thing about retail. This is a new role for a new type of
experience – we’re seeking a Community Integration Director. A key
differentiator at the new DICK’S will be the experiences we’re
creating. From parties on the Field, seminars at the health bar to
community nights on the ice rink – the canvas is blank and this
Director will craft a one-of-a-kind community and events strategy.
If you’re a community connector, a marketing and public relations
pro, experienced driver and planner of unexpected events – this
could be your next big move. This is an opportunity to change the
game in a way that will impact so many people. If you’re inspired –
well, we can’t wait to meet you. The role you’ll play:
- Directly responsible for managing all planning related to
in-store and Field events including: cost planning, ROI analysis,
staffing coverage, internal and external communication, marketing
efforts to drive event participation, event day-of execution (setup
to tear down) and ensuring all appropriate event waiver needs are
in 100% compliance.
- Build brand awareness and loyalty in the community through
deep, strategic relationships.
- Responsible for all community partnerships and managing a team
of specialists and subject matter experts focused on building
partnerships within the community and leveraging these partnerships
to create innovative and unique in-store experiences and events in
support of the Knoxville, TN vision.
- Partner with the DICK’S Foundation to drive Sports Matter
initiatives, creating a focus on the impact we’re making in youth
- Direct the strategic corporate relations programs including the
development, negotiations and relationship management with
non-profit organizations in the Knoxville region (and beyond).
Proactively and reactively create, promote and/or maintain
associate, press, consumer and public goodwill, brand loyalty.
Establishing and reinforcing that DICK’S is a proud, good,
- Create, market, facilitate and support all DSG sponsored
coaching camps and clinics, vendor demos and in-store classes.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to
safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well
as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities.
- Responsible for building a world-class team, including
attracting, selecting, coaching and developing hyper-engaged
teammates. This includes partnering closely with your HR partner to
create and nurture a team that will exceed operational and sales
expectations and the goals of their individual roles.
- Perform other tasks as assigned supporting the greatest sports
retail experience out there! QualificationsThe experience we’re
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Communications,
Marketing or related area
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years of marketing, public relations, events experience
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience
- A plus: strong current relationship in our Knoxville
- Tremendous passion and experience in event and community
- Project management experience
- Proven business leader mindset
- Excellent communication, project management, operations and
- A proven track record of leading a customer-first team
- Strong relationship building experience
- A passion for relentless improvement, embracing and driving
Keywords: Dick's Sporting Goods, Knoxville , Community Integration Director (Marketing, PR), Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!