Company: Wogan Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Community Manager Job Description
The Community Manager reports directly to the Portfolio Manager.
The Community Manager is responsible for the entire on-site
operation of the complex. It is essential that the Community
Manager report to work at his or her regularly scheduled work
hours. The Community Manager must be able to "walk" the property on
a regular and as-needed basis in order to perform his or her job
duties. The Community Manager must have the physical capability to
walk all around the property, including stairs. The duties of this
position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Observe the condition of the apartment complex including
buildings, grounds, tenant units, and all other facilities. Arrange
for appropriate maintenance, repair and improvement of the
2. The Community Manager must maintain a valid driver's
3. Establish work schedules and sets standards, which meet the
needs of the property, and assigns individuals to perform scheduled
4. Follows company policy in all financial and clerical procedures
and ensures compliance of all office personnel to company
5. Accurate and timely maintenance of the computerized property
6. Follows and keeps an accurate Budget Control System and Purchase
Order system as instructed by the Regional Manager.
7. Ensures the computerized property management system is kept
according to HUD (where applicable) and company policy; including
all necessary documents; i.e., leases, applications, work orders,
certifications, employment and income verifications and
re-certifications, as applicable.
8. Ensures that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are accurate
and are transmitted to the proper people (as directed by the
Regional Manager) on time.
9. Processes all invoices for payment promptly, with correct coding
for all items.
10. Assigns specific financial and clerical duties to office
personnel, and closely monitors individual performance of assigned
11. Works closely with each employee toward the goal of improving
the performance of each person to his or her capabilities.
12. Determines strengths and weaknesses of individual employees and
aids in the building of their strengths.
13. Conducts training sessions on a monthly basis.
14. Operates the project within budget and spending limit
15. Supervises all project employees including the hiring and
firing of project employees per company policy.
16. Keeps the Portfolio Manager informed of progress of any major
17. Supervises all on site personnel on management-resident
relations and develops a genuine concern by employees for the
welfare of residents.
18. Work hours will be set by the Regional Manager based on
occupancy. No change without supervisor's approval.
19. Inspects and approves all contract work performed on the
20. Maintains the confidentiality of all personnel and resident
21. Approves payroll time sheets via email to Corporate Office by
10:00 a.m. CST on the Monday following the last day of any pay
Delegation of Authority
The Community Manager is authorized to delegate authority to any
key employee. Any such delegation must be approved by the Portfolio
Manager. The Community Manager's responsibility is always primary,
even for activities delegated to subordinates. In addition, the
Community Manager will perform such duties as may be assigned by
the Portfolio Manager or other supervisors.
Keywords: Wogan Group, Knoxville , Community Manager, Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!