Account Manager - Employee Benefits
Company: Alera Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Propel Insurance, an Alera Group Company is looking for an
Account Manager to join the team!Are you looking to be part of a
company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and
make a positive impact?Join a team where each employee is empowered
to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each
other up through mutual accountability and shared success?If that
is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an
amazing organization!Propel Insurance has an opportunity for a
dynamic individual to join our rapidly growing Employee Benefits
Practice as an Account Manager. In this role, you will serve as the
primary client service contact and perform an array of account
management duties on an assigned book of business. In this team
environment, you will also support the Producer on various account
management activities. Candidates seeking a culture fit will
appreciate and honor our core values, inspire thought leadership
from others, and drive to be best-in-class in their respective
- Ensure client satisfaction and deliver an exceptional level of
customer service in a professional and timely manner.
- Analyze and market employee benefit programs.
- Prepare renewal and new business proposals, presentation
materials, and supporting documents as necessary.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Review contracts, amendments, and SPDs for accuracy and
coverage; identify errors and coordinate corrections with the
- Provide claims, eligibility, billing, and plan administration
advocacy, and resolution.
- Maintain effective working relationships with carriers,
vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of vendor products and
- Coordinate and conduct client presentations including open
enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, and renewal presentations.
- Maintain ownership of the agency management system (documents,
emails, phone calls, contracts, internal processes, procedures,
- Delegate specific tasks to Account Assistant/Administrative
- Provide Peer Review for other team members.
- Maintain current working knowledge of industry legislative and
compliance issues including, but not limited to ACA, COBRA, HIPAA,
ERISA, FMLA, etc.Qualifications
- Experience managing all lines of employee benefits coverage
including alternate funding arrangements (e.g. self-insured, ASO,
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional abstract reasoning and analytical
- Minimum of 4 years Employee Benefits brokerage experience
- College Degree or Equivalent Industry Experience.
- Applicable State Life and Disability License.Equal Opportunity
Employment We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.If you're a California
resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to
Keywords: Alera Group, Knoxville , Account Manager - Employee Benefits, Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!