Kitchen Manager, Nantahala Outdoor Center
Company: Nantahala Outdoor Center
Location: Bryson City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionFor 50 years NOC has led the outdoor industry,
taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers
than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides
top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, wilderness medicine
as well as unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip
planning services. Behind NOC's success is our staff's commitment
to our five core values: Lead by Example, Service Before Self, Do
the Right Thing, Work Hard/Play Hard and Make it Happen. These core
values unite a community of leaders and pioneers in an exciting,
fun and always changing work environment. NOC career opportunities
offer a rare combination of work in beautiful locations, a chance
to grow skills and to share a passion for active outdoor
recreation. Ideal candidates are leaders in the workplace that wish
to join a unique, values-driven organization. They aspire to
excellence in their fields and disciplines and they demonstrate a
commitment to the service of others. Above all, they want to
provide guests with unforgettable experiences. If this sounds like
you, we hope you'll apply to join the NOC team. Summary:The Kitchen
Manager will be an integral leadership role on our Food and
Beverage team. Reporting to the General Manager of River's End,
this position will be responsible for the culinary offerings and
kitchen operations of our three main restaurants on campus: River's
End Restaurant, Big Wesser Riverside Pub, and Relia's Kitchen. The
Kitchen Manager will be responsible for leading by example and
developing NOC back of house employees into culinary assets for our
team. This full-time, year-round position will direct food
preparation, productions, and menus for our food and beverage
- Oversee all product quality in restaurants.
- Help Hire and train kitchen staff.
- Maintain appropriate food inventory levels and purchasing
- Negotiate and monitor vendor food agreements, discounts, and
- Scheduling for back of House and helping to report on schedule
- Coach and guide all members of the team, putting in place
proper orientation training and ongoing training and
- Providing feedback for staff and team leaders on a regular
basis, including performance management.
- Help develop new items and menus to meet the requirements of
- Manage preparation and presentation of food products to always
- Directly Manage back of house flow control for designated
- Implement procedures to minimize waste and
- Control and monitor food costs and constantly review.
- Oversee all food inventory counts.
- Help Direct and coordinate all daily activities of the
- Assist in recruitment and interviewing of new staff
- Help manage relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor proper levels of food are supplied to designated
- Maintain highest standards of food hygiene and adherence with
all health and safety standards.
- Achieve satisfactory score for all health and Eco-sure
- Responsible for ensuring team is trained on all health and
safety aspects as it pertains to kitchens, as well as ServSafe Food
- Report and take appropriate action to correct any health or
- Check and ensure proper storage of food items, maintain proper
organization of Food storage areas and product rotation utilizing
but not limited to labeling with production and receiving
- Attend food service meetings to ensure good communication.
- Help maintain and report all equipment problems to General
Manager, treat equipment with respect.
- Take a leadership role that supports the management team.
- Other duties as assigned QualificationsPreferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage a high paced environment
- Organizational & problem-solving skills
- Absolute discretion with issues of confidentiality
- Must be a strong team player
- Previous experience managing staff
- Knowledge of Food production and cost controls Education
Qualifications and Experience desired:
- High school diploma required / college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in restaurant supervisory
- Minimum 4 years' experience in restaurant a back of house
position Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- Use of Culinary Equipment, must be able to step into any
position and instruct staff of any errors.
- Proficiency at various kitchen equipment including but not
limited to: Pizza oven, heavy duty dough and other mixers,
immersion blender, electric grater and food processors, gas or
electric range and stove, gas or electric ovens, grills, fryers,
conveyor toasters, various pots and pans, sharp knives, microwaves,
steam tables, cleaning chemicals and their dispensers, wash sinks,
walk in coolers, reach in freezers, thermometers, calculators,
computers, Micros terminals, etc.
- On feet for entire shift; shifts may be over 8 hours
- Able to work most holidays and weekends as season dictates. The
above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail,
the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a
general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this
position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the
essential functions of this position.The Nantahala Outdoor Center
(NOC) is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any and all terms, conditions or privileges of
employment including hiring, promotions, termination, training and
compensation. The NOC does not discriminate against applicants or
employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, genetic condition or any other status
protected by federal, state or local law, where applicable.
Furthermore, the NOC is committed to a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment through respecting and valuing the
diversity among employees and all those with whom the NOC does
Keywords: Nantahala Outdoor Center, Knoxville , Kitchen Manager, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Executive , Bryson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!