Branch Manager I (North Knoxville Branch)
Company: Y-12 Federal Credit Union
Posted on: November 26, 2022
To direct the operations of a small to medium sized credit union
retail branch, ensuring that it meets organizational sales,
financial, operational, service and growth plans. Increase
commercial and consumer member relationships by making contacts and
developing professional connections within the community.
*Reports to: *Regional Branch Manager
1. Hire, direct, develop, motivate, and discipline branch
personnel; administer performance evaluations and recommend
appropriate personnel actions. Coach, train, develop and set
individual sales goals for staff. Monitor sales activity to ensure
that the branch meets or exceeds organization sales goals.
2. Monitor all branch activities to ensure they are in compliance
with established credit union policies and procedures. Monitor
branch operating results relative to established objectives and
insure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory
3. Develop and deepen account relationships with commercial
business members. Accomplish this by making personal calls/visits,
assessing needs and offering credit union products/services to meet
4. Monitor trends in the financial services industry and make
recommendations for new or improved technology, equipment, product,
services or processes that will improve member service, increase
efficiency or decrease costs. Assist in the development, testing
and implementation of new products and/or services.
5. Conduct all member account functions, including teller
transactions, processing request for new services, providing
counseling and cross-selling appropriate credit union products or
services to benefit the member and achieve established sales goals,
interview members and process applications for all types of
consumer loans. Analyze the financial position of each applicant to
determine the level of risk for extending credit. Review all
documentation for completeness and accuracy according to credit
union compliance guidelines.
6. Represent the credit union as appropriate in its relationships
with members, sponsor organizations(s), suppliers, other financial
institutions, and similar groups.
7. Performed other related duties as assigned.
* Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
* A B.S. Degree in Business, and/or a combination of education and
five years to ten years of relevant experience is required.
*OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
* Excellent communication skills.
* Knowledge of operations, policies, procedures, services related
to the financial industry.
* Strong leadership, organizational, and problem solving
* Ability to monitor and promote a high quality environment within
the credit union.
* Ability to lead, motivates, and supervises the work of branch
* Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and
evaluate alternatives, and develop sound effective approaches.
* A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in
addition to normal courtesy and tact.
* Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is
usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
* Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others.
* Outside contacts become important and fostering sound
relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals)
becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence
and/or sell ideas or services to others.
*PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS: *
* To actively meet or exceed the following Y-12 FCU Service
I will identify your financial needs and offer a solution that will
improve your financial life.
I will provide you with accurate and timely information.
I will express my appreciation for your business.
I will treat you with respect and maintain the highest standard of
I will always call you by your name.
I will take ownership of your request.
* Actively participate in branch/department and staff meetings in
order to maintain awareness of organizational issues and
promotional campaigns. Remain current on changes in policies,
procedures, compliance and product development.
* Attend continuing education classes to enhance job knowledge in
order to provide exceptional service to internal and external
members. Take initiative for personal career development and seek
opportunities to learn new skills.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and
sit. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling,
stooping, crouching. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move
items over 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
Typical office - no hazardous or unpleasant conditions.
*We are an EEO Employer*
*_All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the
positions. In no instance, however, should the duties,
responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as
all-inclusive. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign
additional functions and requirements._*
*_In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
*_Job descriptions are not intended and do not create employment
contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will
employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Y-12 Federal Credit Union, Knoxville , Branch Manager I (North Knoxville Branch), Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!