Territory Sales Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in
our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us
to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make
This position supports sales activities of all product lines for
the company. Responsibilities include maintaining existing and
developing new customer relations and interfacing and developing
working relationships with distributors in existing regional
markets to maintain and grow business. Duties require the Territory
Sales Manager to be regularly engaged outside of the office in
making sales calls, attending trade shows, and marketing
* Interface with regional distributor representatives. Will develop
and maintain relationships to generate and grow sales. The taking
and processing of sales orders are handled through a sales order
desk and not part of the Sales representative's job duties. This
position is responsible for and will handle questions, complaints,
and other customer needs in a timely and efficient manner.
* Manage schedules for distributor representatives to perform
presentations with restaurants, casinos, hotels, and other food
service venues. Coordinate meetings and monitor product flow for
8-12 distribution houses and 100 or more representatives
nationwide. Responsible for follow-up with customers regarding
product and questions.
* Maintain and grow existing sales in 8-12 distribution houses
while continuing to elevate sales growth in region. Work closely
with management to meet goals and expectations set by owners of
* Required to be an asset to the company's end customer regarding
areas such as beef industry knowledge, technical trade verbiage,
market trends, marketing, and cost management.
* Participate in national trade shows and regional food show
activities. Interact with potential leads, respond to inquiries,
and provide timely and appropriate follow-up with customers in
* Consistently utilize the sales CRM system (Salesforce) to
accurately record, track, and report on sales activity and other
relevant information, as required by management.
* Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
* General computer knowledge and proficiency.
* Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
* Self-directed and ability to work independently.
* Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail required.
* Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities
established by company demands.
* Excellent planning, organization, leadership, presentation,
decision making, and analytical skills.
* Strong English and communication skills, including speaking and
writing clearly and effectively.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as
necessary, both in verbal and written form.
* Work to the highest professional standards and represent the
company in an exemplary manner.
* Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism
* Must have regular and punctual attendance.
* Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including
* Required to travel for extended periods of time.
* Duties require position to be regularly engaged outside of the
office in making sales calls, attending trade shows, and marketing
* Nationwide and international travel required.
* Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver's license, pass a motor
vehicle record check, and always remain insurable through the
company insurance program.
*Experience: * Previous experience in meat related field is
preferred but not required. 1-3 years of customer sales experience
*Education: * Bachelor's degree in sales/marketing or related
discipline from a 4-year College or University is preferred.
*Department: * Sales/Marketing
*Reports to (if applicable): * National Sales Manager
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and
opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may
include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and
Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and
Holidays.Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion,
national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company
prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for
employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability,
marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran's status.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Vet/DisabledPost offer physical and substance testing
Job Type: Full-time
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: empirical, Knoxville , Territory Sales Manager, Executive , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!