Reg Security Manager - Derivative Classifier
Company: Action Technology, Inc.
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: May 29, 2023
This role will provide full spectrum Derivative
Classification/Reviewing Official support and guidance for UPF
project personnel including Unclassified Controlled Information and
Classified Information up to and including Secret-Restricted
Full Time/Office Project - no remote/telework
- Provides classification direction, coordination, and guidance
for the security program on a project or in an office. Directs the
development and implementation of security criteria and programs
and procedures; provides functional guidance and direction to
assigned security personnel and contractors; and monitors security
activities and the performance of security services.
- Ensures implementation and maintenance of policies for the
safeguarding of project internal security data, reports and case
documentation; administers security programs to meet appropriate
national and/or foreign government standards and regulatory
requirements to protect client proprietary information.
- This position will provide direct interaction support with the
UPF project and the Y12 Classification office. Specific examples
include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for review of clearance justifications submitted by
UPF project management for L and Q clearance requests
- Responsible for ensuring reporting requirements are met to Y12
Security associated with any incident that has a potential IOSC
(incident of security concern)
- Personnel associated with Y12 Nuclear Security Complex support
the nations vital security assets, national stockpile and secure
storage of strategic and special nuclear material. These nuclear
industry professionals and security forces have access to
vulnerable materials and classified information. These personnel
are required to hold security clearances. The UPF project will
consist of multiple facilities, and each building will be
constructed to these nuclear, safety and security requirements
appropriate to support this Y12 Nuclear Security Complex
- Bachelors degree with 15+ years in weapons field or security
operations plus experience as a Y12 DC/RO. In lieu of degree, 21+
years of relevant work experience.
- US Citizen
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen
and background check, which includes verification of employment and
- Must be able to obtain site security badge for access to work
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Additional specific knowledge in areas of Y12 Operations, DOE
weapons complex processes, Quality Evaluations of various weapons
systems, and criticality safety.
- Capable of obtaining and/or maintaining a security clearance as
may be required for access to government classified
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communications with
government officials, senior management, contractors, and client
Keywords: Action Technology, Inc., Knoxville , Reg Security Manager - Derivative Classifier, Executive , Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...