Program Manager for Defense Counterproliferation and Counterterrorism S&T Initiatives
Company: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: May 29, 2023
TheIntelligence & Special Programs (I&SP) Teamat Oak Ridge
National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a highly motivated and
experienced Program Manager to develop, manage, and sustain ORNL's
ongoing research, development, test & evaluation (RDT&E)
program with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) that
focuses on countering weapons of mass destruction (C-WMD) and
threat reduction initiatives.
- The position will be responsible for the day-to-day program
coordination and implementation, program development, relationship
management, and strategy formulation and execution related to
ORNL's portfolio of support for its DTRA sponsors across the C-WMD
and threat reduction mission space.
- This position will ensure effective communications,
accountability, and transparency among federal sponsors, ORNL
senior leadership, Programs teammates, and other ORNL directorates
and divisions that will be involved with conducting operations in
support of national security RDT&E.
- This position requires to the facilitation of coordination and
collaboration across research and programs teams.
- The position will seek to build cross-organizational
partnerships and collaborative efforts with DTRA's end user and
stakeholder communities consistent with the laboratory's DTRA
portfolio efforts and national security priorities.
- The position will coordinate implementation of the
programs/projects in collaboration with the other laboratory
directorates and divisions and in accordance with the federal
sponsors requirements, ORNL procedures and policies, and Department
of Energy (DOE) guidance.
- This position will be responsible for developing, coordinating,
and managing program development initiatives and managing
associated program resources in close coordination with laboratory
partners and stakeholders. In close coordination with laboratory
partners and stakeholders, this position will be responsible for
monitoring Department of Defense and DTRA strategy or priority
developments, disseminating this information to appropriate
laboratory leadership and partners, and leading internal strategy
development efforts to align RDT&E efforts in this national
security space with our laboratory's competencies, national
security priorities, and Laboratory Plan's goals and
- This position will be responsible for developing key internal
business and research relationships across the laboratory's
directorates and divisions to help advance program objectives and
- This position will report to the Program Director, Intelligence
and Special Programs and collaborate with the entire I&SP
Programs Team. Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan, and manage major RDT&E programs/projects
in accordance with the federal sponsors requirements, ORNL policy,
and DOE policy and guidance.
- Serving as the Programs focal point to identify and coordinate
RDT&E initiatives to a wide spectrum of S&T requirements
and mission needs in alignment with ORNL's core competencies,
national security priorities, and Laboratory Plan's goals and
- Identify, develop, and sustain key relationships with DTRA
program managers, end users, DoD leadership, and other associated
partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain key internal relationships (e.g., Strategic
Partnership Program, Office of the General Counsel, Contracts,
Finance, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Technology Transfer,
Institutional Planning, Special Security Office, Office of
Classification, Environment Safety Health and Quality, et.al.) to
advance national security program objectives and outcomes.
- Facilitate and ensure effective communications, accountability,
and transparency among federal sponsors, Programs teammates, other
ORNL directorates and divisions, sub-contractors, vendors, partners
- Contribute to developing research proposals and engagement
strategies to foster business development and program growth.
- Provide regular reporting and updates to the Director I&SP,
NSSD Associate Laboratory Director, laboratory leadership and the
- Deliver ORNL's mission by aligning behaviors, priorities, and
interactions with our core values of Impact, Integrity, Teamwork,
Safety, and Service. Promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and
accessibility by fostering a respectful workplace - in how we treat
one another, work together, and measure success. Basic
- A.A. degree in related discipline with 15+ years of experience
in the Defense and/or intelligence communities. Relevant years of
experience can substitute for education requirement.
- B.S degree in a related discipline and 10+ years of relevant
- Previous experience in managing classified
- US Citizenship
- Existing TOP SECRET Clearance and with an SSBI within the last
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, computer,
writing skills, and professional image
- Refined teaming skills and understanding of team collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and bring projects to successful
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and follow-through when completing
- Ability to plan, schedule, and arrange activities in
- Ability to develop and implement solutions to a variety of
- Experience with all Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Willing to work extended hours, in a fast-paced, deadline
- Willing to travel on company business both domestic and foreign
- Ability to display tact, discretion, and diplomacy in dealing
with all levels of employees, federal sponsors, and program
partners/stakeholders Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in leading, coordinating, and managing
Defense and/or intelligence community classified
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
skills, and strong personal motivation.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative,
- Demonstrated program management and business development
success Special Requirement:
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TOP
SECRET clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
access from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a
Workplace Substance Abuse Program (WSAP) testing designated
position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test
and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program.
Additionally, the position will also be subject to random polygraph
ORNL Ethics and Conduct:
As a member of the ORNL scientific community, you will be expected
to commit to ORNL's Research Code of Conduct. Our full code of
conduct, and a statement by the Lab Director's office can be found
Benefits at ORNL:
UT Battelle offers an exceptional benefits package to include
matching 401K, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation and Medical / Dental
plan. Onsite amenities include Credit Union, Medical Clinic and
free Fitness facilities.UT Battelle offers a wide range of
relocation benefits for individuals and families to make it easier
to come and work here. If you are invited to interview, please ask
your Recruiter about relocating with ORNL.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which
it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text
Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes
from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will
be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants,
including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are
encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Keywords: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Knoxville , Program Manager for Defense Counterproliferation and Counterterrorism S&T Initiatives, Executive , Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...