Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Support Solutions of the Mid South
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Support Solutions seeks talented, gifted, and creative
individuals to add to our dynamic team of individuals who work in
our DIDD/ECF (Employment and Community First) CHOICES program. If
you are ready to become a contributor to an industry leader in the
field of Intellectual Disabilities, we encourage you to apply to
become a valued team member. We are looking forward to having
someone like you lead us into the future!The LPN participates in
the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for
the individual. Cooperates with the members of the nursing and
medical staff.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates ability to successfully interact and care for
individuals with developmental disabilities and/or intellectual
disability and assist in relevant health teaching for patients and
- Shares responsibility for the planning, implementation, and
evaluation of health needs.
- Participates in medication distribution/MARs
- Participates in team conferences, sharing knowledge,
information, and ideas among team members. Ex. COS, ISP's, PCSP,
- Administers and records medications in accordance with the
policy regarding administration of medications by a Licensed
- Performs more complex nursing activities as competence
- Participates in emergency care. Must be CPR certified at all
- Communicates frequently with the RN regarding patients'
physical and mental conditions.
- Records information concisely, accurately, and completely.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of
- Schedules and tracks all medical and therapy appointments,
including follow-up via persons served electronic records. Assist
with maintaining medical and therapy grids and Support Solutions
follow-up, as required.
- Ensures persons served and team members are informed of all
appointments for the person served. All appointments and follow-up
should be noted and maintained within the persons served electronic
record or via hard copy when necessary.
- Receives all consultation forms and uploads and saves to
- Ensures psychotropic medications have consent and are approved
through Support Solutions IMC.Benefits:Weekly PayBonusesPaid
TrainingPaid Time Off (PTO)Competitive Wages8 Paid Holidays per
year401K ProgramMedical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life
InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program Current Tennessee Nursing
license, education transcript and proof of degree/diploma, and two
years of LPN work experience. Preference shall be given to
employees with one year of clinical practice experience in the
field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities but shall not
limit SS from selecting an employee with demonstrated experience in
a non-mental health environment. Must meet state and local
requirements regarding criminal background check, sexual offender
check, abuse registry, drug screening, and felony offender listing.
Must meet all training requirements and keep training
current.Support Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer that is committed to diversity. Support Solutions does not
discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions, or practices
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or
disability, citizenship, gender identity, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Support Solutions will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities; unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring,
job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training.PI130780169
Keywords: Support Solutions of the Mid South, Knoxville , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!