Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN)
Company: Arbor Terrace of Knoxville
Posted on: May 6, 2021
STATEMENT OF JOB: The LPN will store, set up, administer and
maintain records for all medicines dispensed to residents in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
community under the direct supervision of the Resident Care
Director. The Nurse will promote hospitality and deliver a high
level of customer service at all times. Characteristic Duties and
Responsibilities Medication Management
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications
according to company protocol and state regulations, including
assistance with accuchecks and insulin for diabetic residents.
- Maintain records (MARs/MORs) for each resident with regard to
medicines ordered, received, and administered according to company
- Receive an- store all medications. Verify type and quantity of
medicines ordered and received.
- Receive physicians' orders and implement. For example, fax new
prescriptions to pharmacy, document new orders in MAR/MOR and
notify other Med Techs and Resident Care Director of any new
- Review MARs/MORs from previous shift to ensure that all
information is complete and accurate. Communication/Supervision
- Measure and record vital signs when requested to do so.
- Communicate any resident change of condition to Resident Care
Director or to family and physician if necessary in the absence of
- Record relevant information in the Communication Log at the end
of each shift.
- Record necessary information in resident chart related to
change of condition or health updates when requested.
- Complete incident report when requested.
- Assist with resident care as available.
- Provide care assignments to Resident Assistants.
- Lead shift report between outgoing shift and incoming shift in
the absence of the Resident Care Director.
- Provide oversight and coordination during emergency situations
in the absence of the RCD. .
- Provide oversight for the emergency response system in the
absence of the RCD.
- Address any conflicts that arise from staff, residents or
families in the absence of the RCD.
- Promote a team concept with Care Staff in all areas of the
- Use the Positive Physical Approach at all timesRevised I 012007
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Working knowledge of basic resident care procedures used to
provide physical and social care to residents.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices and procedures to
include fire safety, first aid, universal precautions, appropriate
body mechanics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Resident Rights and state
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions and communicate
effectively with residents and staff
- Ability to carry out responsibilities according to company or
state guidelines and with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and the ability to safely lift
or transfer a resident.
- Ability to function as a member of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to attend required in-service training and staff
meetings and maintain required certifications according to state
- Ability to stay beyond scheduled shift in the event of
emergency or inclement weather.
- Ability to provide a working contact telephone number at all
times Training and Experience
- LPN (LVN)
- Six to twelve months experience in related field is
Keywords: Arbor Terrace of Knoxville, Knoxville , Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN), Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!