Clinical Nurse I
Company: Covenant Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Clinical Nurse II, Oncology-GYN-Surgery--Full Time,-- 72 Hours
per pay period, Day ShiftWe are a fast-paced, energetic and fun
group on this unit!--Our unit consists of 44 beds. We have a wide
variety of patients that provide opportunities for our RNs to build
skills and knowledge base. We have post-op surgery patients who
will need surgical incision care, JP drains, ileostomy, colostomy,
ileal conduits, NG tubes, patients with epidurals, PCAs, infusions
of blood products, TPN, and chemotherapy. Schedules: We have
modified self-scheduling with a requirement of six weekend shifts
over a six week period. After 1-year new graduates can become chemo
certified. Position Summary:-- Provides professional nursing care
within an assigned unit and coordinates care planning with other
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital
care/nursing home care.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Resolves problems regarding moderately complex issues without
oversight or supervision.
- Demonstrates willingness to precept employees/students as
directed. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit
leader or clinical instructor.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to
include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific
needs of the population served.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Minimum
Education:-- None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet
the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or
certification as required by the issuing authority.Minimum
Experience:-- Must possess at least one (1) year of professional
nursing experience.Licensure Requirement:-- Valid Tennessee State
RN licensure. CPR required.RN license.
Keywords: Covenant Health, Knoxville , Clinical Nurse I, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!