Cardiovascular Services Registered Nurse - $5,000 Sign-On
Company: Covenant Health
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Cardiovascular Services RN II, Heart Cath Lab Full Time, 80
Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift ***Sign on Bonus*** Position
Summary: Provides nursing services to Cardiac Catheterization Lab
patients in accordance with established nursing standards and
practices; sets-up electrical and hemodynamic transducers and
amplifiers; records and obtains hemodynamic, electrical and
angiographic data; assesses patient during invasive cardiac
procedures and delivers therapy as required. Coordinates patient
care with other health care professionals.
- Prepares patient and equipment for catheterization procedures
by preparing site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized
instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting-up pressure
transducers and tubing.
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic
data by operating hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital
and line fluoroscopic equipment.
- Attends to patient needs during cardiac studies.
- Develops and contributes to a plan of nursing care for the
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples
and respiratory gases.
- Precepts/trains new employees/students in the techniques of
cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology.
- Monitors patient's vital signs during and after cardiovascular
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and
- Completes nursing history if appropriate.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family, develops and
initiates teaching plan.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge of unit are such that complex
physician issues are resolved without oversight or
- Responds appropriately and timely to patients, physicians and
other customers needs.
- Provides 6 credit hours of in-service per year.
- Member of established active hospital or department committee
or subcommittee with 75% participation in meetings.
- Functions as a role model to peers by cross-training to other
departments, and serving as a resource person.
- Completes department specific checklist and any additional
requirements as needed.
- Performs a variety of special projects and assignments relating
to primary responsibility.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. Minimum
Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the
standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or
certification as required by the issuing authority. Minimum
Experience: Minimum of six (6) years of professional nursing
experience, including at least three (3) years of professional Cath
Lab experience, plus at least two (2) years of ICU/CCU experience
in arrhythmia and hemodynamic monitoring of patients in an
acute-care setting; knowledge of electronic monitoring devices.
Licensure Requirement: Valid RN license with State of TN; CPR
certification required.Job Requirements:Apply today! -
Keywords: Covenant Health, Knoxville , Cardiovascular Services Registered Nurse - $5,000 Sign-On, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!