Elk Valley Health Services
Company: LHC Group. Inc
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Full Time Staff Aide helps patients stay in their homes by
monitoring and reporting on a patient's condition, providing
support and personal services, and by educating patients and family
members. The Full Time Staff Aide must be flexible with regard to
patient assignments and available on a full-time basis to accept
assignments as patient needs arise. -INSERT LOCAL BRAND, a part of
-LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: -It's all about helping people. -
- Consistently and reliably accepts patient assignments based on
patient and agency needs.
- Available on designated work days.
- Follows all policies and procedures of LHC Group and agency, as
well as all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Understands and complies with HIPAA and any other
- Accurate and timely documentation of hours worked.
- Accurate and timely documentation of services performed.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental
condition and exercise.
- Accurate and timely reporting of observations of the patient's
condition to the appropriate supervisor including immediate
-notification of any incidents, accidents, or unusual
- Effective utilization of the Electronic Visit Verification or
other visit documentation program as applicable.
- Competent provision of and/or assistance with activities of
daily living as applicable including: bathing, dental care, nail
care, -filing only, skin care including peri care and lotion
- Safe transfer of patient from bed to chair and to
- Safe transfer of patients on and off bedpan and/or toilet.
- Documents all client related activities in a timely
- Assists patient with bedtime preparations including personal
care, dressing, positioning and medication reminders.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry
services, shopping for food and other household requirements,
-preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker or
crutches, if appropriate and helps patients care for
- Accompanies client to medical appointments.
- Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures,
pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within -the
- Prepares meals as required based upon the patient's preferred
or prescribed diet and assists with feeding as needed.
- Provides clean and safe environment within the home including
safe use of equipment needed by the patient.
- Responds promptly and professionally to client requests.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching
appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient
cleanliness, -and housekeeping.
- Participates in required agency meetings and in-service
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Performs other job-related tasks and duties as
- Six months experience in personal care or home community based
services preferred. -License Requirements
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required (Kentucky, Tennessee,
Wisconsin only) -State Specific Requirements
- AR: Must have at least one year of experience in an institution
setting, have a certificate issued by the state of Arkansas for
working in a long term care facility OR completed a 40 hour aide
training course as specified by the state of Arkansas.
- NY: Successful completion of a 75 hour training program with
evidence of certificate of completion.
- TN: Successful completion of a total of 75 hours of training
which include 16 hours of clinical training prior to or during the
first three months of employment and who is qualified to provide
basic services, including simple procedures as extension of therapy
services, personal care regarding nutritional needs, ambulation and
exercise, and household services essential to health care at
- WI: Must be listed on the Wisconsin Home Health Aide
- KY: No additional state specific requirements -Skill /
- Ability to work on a full-time basis and willingness to work
flexible schedules based on patient and agency needs.
- Ability to function competently and professionally in any home
situation regardless of protected status including but not limited
to age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition
of the patient.
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills
Keywords: LHC Group. Inc, Knoxville , Elk Valley Health Services, Healthcare , Harriman, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!