Company: Covenant Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Certified Nuring Assistant, Neuroscience UnitFull Time, 72 Hours
Per Pay Period, Day Shift (6:30am - 7:00pm, Every Other Weekend,
Major and Minor Holiday Rotation)Fort Sanders Regional Medical
Center is an award-winning, certified, and accredited facility with
541 beds. As a Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, Fort
Sanders offers state-of-the art care that maximizes recovery from
stroke. - We are also the region's leader in technology in areas
such as bariatric surgery, robotic surgery and minimally invasive
spine surgery. Our door-to-balloon times for heart attack patients
are below the national average, and our hip fracture center offers
advanced diagnosis, surgery and recovery procedures for hip
patients.Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is a member of -, a
locally-owned, non-profit health system based in Knoxville, TN,
with a "patient-focused" culture. It has been recognized by - -for
Tennessee. The CEO of our company, Jim VanderSteeg, attends every
new employee orientation and will ask you to sign our pledge of
excellence to always put patients first, strive for excellence in
everything we do, and make Covenant Health the first and best
choice for patients in our region. As you'd expect, we offer our
employees a -, including: offering unmatched medical insurance,
tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance,
certification bonuses; leadership and professional development
programs; an employer-matched 401(k); and a generous Combined Time
Off (CTO) program.Position Summary: -Functions as a direct patient
caregiver performing tasks to assist registered nurses. Performs
hands-on care, assistance with ADL's and specified technical tasks
for a group of patients under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration rates, blood
pressures, weights, heights, and intake-output measurements.
- Encourage patients to turn, cough, and take deep breaths and to
use incentive spirometry as specified by Plan of Care.
- Ambulate, and assist patients in and out of bed, into
wheelchairs and transport when necessary.
- Attends to nutritional needs of patient which may include
distributing meal trays, feeding, filling and passing out water
- Provides morning or evening care, which may include bed bath,
oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patient, changing
bed linen, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening
room, and other supportive care as needed.
- Empty drains, canisters, urine bags, bedpans and emesis basins
and record intake and output.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment, which may include
reporting equipment that is out of order, appropriate handling of
linen and storing of supplies.
- Provides general care such as positioning, lifting or turning
patients; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode;
preoperative supportive care; and application/removal of abdominal
binders or anti-embolism stockings and sequential compression
- Empty & clean ostomy bag, per procedure.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimen as ordered.
- Perform tasks such as ROM, assist with ambulatory devices as
specified by the patients' plan of care.
- Perform phlebotomy (requires additional training). To include
correct labeling using two patient identifiers, maintenance of
lab-draw supplies, rotating and restocking.
- Perform EKG (requires special training).
- Promptly answer patient call lights and respond to patient
- Report significant changes in patients' condition to RN.
- Help to maintain clean and orderly patient and work
- Employ all established infection control policies including
standard precautions, transmission-based isolation precautions,
OSHA standards, safety measures and proper body mechanics in
performance of job.
- Document/maintain patient record as appropriate.
- Gathers equipment for O2 set up. Checks O2 for connection and
- Checks for proper functioning of equipment at patient
- Ambulate patients with oxygen.
- Set up suction equipment and check for proper function.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in providing for
age-specific needs of the population served.
- Demonstrates ability to perform skills on the Nursing Assistant
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Minimum
Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the
standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or
certification as required by the issuing authority.Minimum
Experience: Hospital experience preferred. Medical terminology a
plus. Must be able to operate computer and possess excellent
interpersonal skills. Must be able to read with comprehension,
write legibly, and perform basic arithmetic computation. Must have
understanding and knowledge of patient care which may be
appropriately delegated to nursing assistants. Licensure
Requirement: -Must have and maintain Tennessee State CNA
certification. CPR required.
Keywords: Covenant Health, Knoxville , CNA, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!