Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our Company:PharMericaOverview:Our Pharmacy group focuses on
providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy
needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care
hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your
passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our
team and apply today!
***PRN shift will be paid daily rate regardless of call or not
called. More details will be discussed at the time of
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of
drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration.
Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and
facility staff as appropriate
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate
current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and
laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including
over-the-counter and home remedies)
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring
certain high-risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed
with appropriate members of the healthcare team
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and
technical support as needed
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other
members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their
family members in the medical record
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement,
storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as
disposal of drugs
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation
in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures
relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining,
administering and disposing of drugs
- Performs other tasks as assignedQualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy; Pharm D preferred
- One year experience in long-term care
- Licenses/Certifications: As required by government regulations
and business needs
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral
communicationAbout our Line of Business: PharMerica is a
full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication.
PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of
choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities,
public health organizations and post-acute care organizations.
PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies.
PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional
company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement
and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about
PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com. Follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Keywords: PharMerica, Knoxville , PHARMACIST, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!