Asst, Lab II - Histology
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Performs routine and limited non-routine functions to assist in
the preparation of histopathology samples.
- Perform routine and limited non-routine activities involved in
the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by
pathologist(s) (under general supervision and according to policies
- Receive/collect, label and prepare tissue specimens for gross
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually and
- Perform routine H&E staining either manually or
- Prepare reagents for tissue processing and routine slide
staining, under direct supervision.
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and
- Responsible for all assigned clerical duties.
- Run and/or monitor pending lists, if applicable.
- Generate and maintain department statistics, if applicable.
- Monitor inventory, requisition supplies prior to depletion;
stock and maintain laboratory supplies.
- Clean, sterilize, organize and maintain work area, glassware
and laboratory equipment (e.g., refrigerators, freezers and supply
cabinets, as needed).
- Comply with all health, quality and safety policies, procedures
and practices. Required to use personal protective equipment.
- May assist technical staff with limited technical functions,
with appropriate education and training. (Contact MQA-AP for
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
One (1) year of histopathology or other laboratory experience
One (1) year of experience handling PHI and other patient
information using an LIS
Preferred Work Experience:
Three (3) years of histopathology or other laboratory experience,
including providing support to pathologists.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of laboratory instruments
and apparatuses all of which demand significant manual
- Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow a series of steps
without confusion or errors on an ongoing basis and retain the
information once learned.
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work
independently, establish work priorities and handle several tasks
simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal
courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems.
- Ability to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour.
EDUCATION High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)Some College
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Knoxville , Asst, Lab II - Histology, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!