Rehab travel RN needed in Knoxville, Tennessee
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Cynet Health staff Rehab Nurse has clinical nursing knowledge,
physical assessment, teaching and procedural skills.
- He/she has the ability to be directly responsible for
assessing, planning, providing and documenting nursing care for a
designated group of patients in accordance with the physician's
plan of care and contracted facility's policies and
- The provisions of quality care is accomplished by implementing,
supervising and coordinating services in the rehab/skilled
- Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor of a
contracted medical facility.
- Director of NursingDuties and Responsibilities:
- Completes referrals and takes physician's verbal orders as
necessary in a timely manner.
- Channels referrals appropriately to the Director of Nursing for
- Performs physical assessment, evaluates patient's needs and
consults with physicians if necessary to develop plan of care and
documentations and in a timely manner.
- Assesses the need for additional health or ancillary services
and prefers patients for service(s) when appropriate, on a timely
- Assesses family and home environment and makes recommendations,
which will enhance patient care and promote safety Involves
patients and/or family in developing and revising an individualized
care plan including necessary teachings with realistic goals,
update plan of care as goals are met or change in intervention as
required and document changes appropriately within five (5)
- Coordinates the multidisciplinary care team and plans for
patient care and documents appropriately.
- Interprets the admission, discharge and other policies of the
company, physician, family, other health care providers, and
community as needed.
- Provides clear, written, and verbal Home Health Aide and LPN
- instructions for the aides and LPN's in a timely manner and
documents verbal instructions appropriately.
- Provides skilled nursing care and assessments to patients in
the rehab environments, according to the plan of care and promptly
revises the plan, as necessary, in consultation with the physician
and other team members. Establishes and modifies goals as
- Informs and provides progress notes to the patient's physician
and podiatrist about patients under care.
- When the patient's conditions change or there are deviations
from the plan of care and submit in writing the patient`s summary
of care at least every 60 days.
- Initiate appropriate preventive, rehabilitative, comfort, and
pain management nursing procedures and provide instructions to
patients/caregivers, and staff in a timely manner.
- Follows company policies and utilizes company forms in
- Explains to the patient and family the diagnosis and the nature
of the treatment consistent with the physician's orders and plan of
- Performs LPN supervisory visits to evaluate competency, if
necessary. Provides skilled services and appropriate instructions
to LPN and documents accordingly.
- Performs specialized care in accordance with the competencies
and demonstrates initiative in learning new skills and developing
- Maintains assigned patient's clinical records current including
Medication Profiles, plan of care conferences (PT, OT, SLP) every
three weeks from the start of therapy/care and report unusual
occurrences/changes to the attention of the physician.
- The patient and the family are consulted and informed about all
the changes in the care plan.
- Completes clear, concise and accurate clinical notes which
documents skilled services and other required documentation
appropriately and submit on a timely basis.
- Utilizes only universal abbreviation.
- Communicates necessary information to the Director of
- Demonstrates professionalism by maintaining high standards of
clinical care and staying current on clinical and medical
- Attends and participates in multidisciplinary patient case
conferences to demonstrate effective coordination and continuity of
patient care, as well as, schedule cases to be brought to the
clinical records review committee.
- Work with patient, family and health care team members
effectively to coordinate services and to promote quality care and
possible patient care outcomes.
- Completes nutritional assessments and provides
patient/caregiver instructions on diet/nutrition and seeks
consultation as necessary.
- Uses appropriate infection control procedures and safety
- Provides emergency care necessary and maintains current CPR
- Assists in orienting/precepting new staff when necessary.
- Provides and documents services in accordance with State,
Federal, Medicare, Medicaid regulations as applicable.
- Coordinate with Administrator/DON program to improve deficient
services and the development and implementation of plan of
correctionMinimum Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the state
- Minimum of two (2) year rehabilitation /skilled nursing
- Current BLS
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds. Moving, lifting or
transferring of patients may involve
- lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds, as well as assisting with
weights of more than
- one-hundred (100) pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Fine motor skills, Visual acuity
- Possesses interpersonal, communication and organizational
skills necessary to complete
- job responsibilities.
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, Knoxville , Rehab travel RN needed in Knoxville, Tennessee, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!