Specialist (CNA/Clercl) - Swain Med/Surg Unit - PRN
Company: Swain Community Hospital
Location: Bryson City
Posted on: November 15, 2023
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are
appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. -Why Choose
- - -Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- - -Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- - -Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- - -Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- - -Opportunities for education and training through partnership
with Duke LifePoint Healthcare
- - -And much more---POSITION SUMMARY:
The C.N.A., under the direction and supervision of the Registered
Nurse, provides direct and non-direct personal care to patients.
Understands and reacts effectively to the unique needs of all
patients. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare
team to provide safe patient care.In the "Specialist" status an
employee must be proficient in the duties of Unit Secretary and
meet qualifications required for a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Performing Telemetry Tech duties in addition to meeting
qualifications for Certified Nursing Assistant may also qualify
individual for Specialist title. Training for the Telemetry and/or
Unit Secretary duties will be provided on the job. -Work
responsibilities may involve access to medication storage areas to
perform core job functions, deliver non narcotic medications or
restock supplies. Assists with orienting new employees and students
1. High School graduate or GED preferred.
2. Current Listing as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the state
of North Carolina Division of Facility Services with no
substantiated findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of
property in a facility that provides Nursing Care.
3. American Heart Association BLS Certification maintained.
4. If functioning in the Telemetry Tech role: Completion of a basic
telemetry monitoring course and/or completion of competency
training for basic arrhythmia interpretation may be required as
determined by the department director and/or
5. If functioning in the Unit Secretary role: Completion of
training in basic unit secretary tasks (i.e., transcription of
physician order, computer data entry, etc.)EEOC Statement:
Swain Community Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Swain Community Hospital, Knoxville , Specialist (CNA/Clercl) - Swain Med/Surg Unit - PRN, Healthcare , Bryson City, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!