Paid Relo to FL Registered Nurse RN Cath Lab $10,000 Sign on Plus Relo Bonus
Company: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Registered Nurse Cardiology Cath Lab FT Days $10,000 Sign on and Relocation Available
Full Time Day Shift (40 Hours Per Week)
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Why Work for Florida Hospital New Smyrna as a Registered Nurse RN Cath Lab?
- $10,000 Sign on Bonus PLUS Relocation Bonus!
- Spend the winter in sunny Florida.
- Minutes Florida's Best Beaches!
- An Hour from Central Florida's theme parks!
- No state income tax
- Room for Advancement and Growth within the Florida Hospital Organization
- You get to work minutes from the beach along the Atlantic Ocean, just south of Daytona Beach and east of Orlando
- New Smyrna repeatedly named ---Florida---s Best Beach--- with miles of surf-lined beaches.
- Four commercial districts with old Florida charm including shopping, antiques, a variety of cuisines, art galleries, and outdoor activities 12 months of the year!
- Florida Hospital New Smyrna, a 112-bed hospital in a family-friendly community, has served southeast Volusia residents since 1954. What you will be responsible for:
Registered Nurse RN Cath Lab
- Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
- Identifies the total needs of the patients
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Demonstrates the ability to learn and practice new techniques and equipment utilization by attending training sessions and familiarizing self with new procedure revisions as they occur
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Documentation of patient care:
- Prepares designated forms and records pertinent information of records
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient---s condition during procedure and reports to the appropriate person
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Prepares patient (preps and shaves) in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Facilitates implementation of physician---s orders accurately, promptly, and courteously Infection control procedures:
- Assists with the cleaning of rooms
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposal correctly
- Adheres to approve standards of aseptic technique during a cardiac catheterization and special procedures, utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner
- Transportation of patients:
- Transports patients from and to his or her room and gives report to the unit nurse
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Moves, lifts, assist patients appropriately to procedures table and provides for maximum privacy during procedure
- Radiation safety:
- Uses radiation protection devices as appropriate for protection of operator and patient
- Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to insure radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and physicians
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Will maintain and control radiation badges.
- Performance improvement:
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab will Assist in collecting and documenting quality improvement data and leads all performance improvement activities Leadership responsibilities:
- Assist with providing for in-service training of professional personnel
- Instructs and assists staff technologist in procedure room as necessary
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to operate, problem-solve and improvise common equipment malfunctions
- Makes sound judgment in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of authority to the proper person
- Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to share information and solve problems in a positive manner as observed by manager/director
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the cath lab, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- Documents on all hospital approved forms as per unit and hospital standards.
- Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Provides the necessary and appropriate education to the patient and family from admission through discharge in the cath lab.
- Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. --- RN, LPN, PCT. CNA, U.S./M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
- Provides competent and compassionate care to the patient with pain according to policy.
- Maintains a safe patient care environment.
- Demonstrates ability to administer medications as ordered: PO, SQ, IV, IV PUSH, IVPB, IM, SL, PR, topical, and intradermal accurately and appropriately.
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Responds and participates in unit and hospital code situations. Utilizes knowledge and experience to treat the patient according to the standards of BLS and ACLS protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to provide safe, competent nursing care for the patient requiring oxygen supplementation or support.
- Demonstrates ability to administer, adjust and monitor response to IV medication infusions and IV medications in a safe, competent and independent manner.
- Admits, transfers and discharges patients to and from the cath lab in a professional and competent manner.
- Verifies and signs off physician orders on all cath/specials patients.
- Obtains lab specimens as ordered and per policy and procedure.
- The Registered Nurse RN Cath lab Accepts reassignment to a level of care deemed competent in a professional and cooperative manner. Availability of services:
- May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
- Will be required to take on call on a regular basis including weekends
- May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed
- Function in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; adolescent, adult and geriatric for the Special Procedures Department and upon the order of the medical staff.
- Performs other tasks and related duties as assigned including: departmental charges; inventory What you will need:
Registered Nurse RN Cath Lab
- One-year hospital experience preferred.
- Internship and/or preceptorship required dependent upon nursing experience.
- Active Florida RN license required.
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is to be obtained in specific nursing units. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Registered Nurse RN Cath lab
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Florida Hospital New Smyrna, Knoxville , Paid Relo to FL Registered Nurse RN Cath Lab $10,000 Sign on Plus Relo Bonus, Healthcare , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!