Retail Sales Agent
Company: Direct Auto
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Want to grow your sales career with one of the fastest growing
auto insurers in the country? Start a new career in omni-channel
sales? Thrive in a performance-driven environment where youre
recognized and rewarded for your results? If the answer is, yes!
then apply to join our team today!
Founded in 1991, Direct Auto Insurance is a well-established,
fast-growing company that sells affordable car, renters,
motorcycle, homeowners insurance, and other types of coverages and
products online, over the phone, and in-store at more than 400
retail locations across the United States.
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales
environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement
alongside experienced leaders within an entrepreneurial culture,
and energetic environment.
What makes Direct Auto Insurance unique?
--- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products
through retail stores and phone
--- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, and results-focused
--- Multi-tiered and comprehensive paid training program
--- Above market compensation plan with uncapped commission and
--- Internal advancement opportunities grow with us!
--- Sales Leadership
--- Sales Operations
--- Tuition Reimbursement
--- Paid Training
--- Sales contests, prizes, and competitions
--- And more
Signing Bonuses Available of up to $1000.
Provide the opportunity for motivated individuals to obtain
industry experience working in a sales and customer support role
while preparing and training to become a Licensed Insurance Sales
Agent. Paid classroom and hands-on training is provided to assist
trainees in the active pursuit of State Property/Casualty and Life
and Health Licenses. Individual will assist customers, complete
marketing activities and help with all office functions under
direct guidance of an Agent or Lead Sales Agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
- Prepare to become a licensed agent through attending
appropriate courses, self-study, participation in training
activities and job shadowing of agents to learn skills and
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to staff
including handling inbound and outbound phone calls, reports,
filing, researching and gathering information, and maintaining
overall appearance of sales office
- Assist customers with general questions, receive customer
payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of
receipts for cash drawers
- Complete marketing and sales related activities which further
the National General brand in the local market (outbound marketing
calls, car dealerships visits, local events, distribution of
- Contact customers regarding account status and renewals
- Prepare and send information to customers and lien holders
- Read and remain current on company guidelines, announcements,
memos and bulletins related to company policy and procedure
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Previous successful experience working in a position with sales
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and
develop and maintain customer relationships
- Friendly, outgoing, and positive personality
- Highly motivated to market and sell in multi-product
environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential
to sales budget attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and
presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the
features and benefits of products to customers
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships
and market our products within community organizations and the
local business community
- Strong computer skills and aptitude to quickly learn new
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication
- High level of initiative, drive and desire/openness to learn
new skills and information
- Must have current valid US state drivers license and consistent
access to a personal vehicle which can be utilized to complete
business marketing activities in the local community
- Insurance industry experience
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO)
employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must
possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not
our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing
your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone
at (336) 435-2000.
Keywords: Direct Auto, Knoxville , Retail Sales Agent, Hospitality & Tourism , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!