Retail Sales Associate
Company: Floor and Decor
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Floor and Decors Sales Associates play a key role in continuously
providing customers with friendly, accurate service and support in
finding products to complete their project. Our Sales Associates
contribute to a fast pace, safe environment by keeping sales
departments clean and well stocked. If you love to learn and have a
passion for helping others, come join us on our sales floor.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Entrepreneur and hard-working
- Honest and accountable
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Connect with customers, ask about their projects, recommend our
products and excite customers about their purchase.
- Provide above and beyond customer service and exceed customer
expectations when assisting customers.
- Maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas and ensure it
is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Work in cooperation with management and team members to achieve
- Process customers at checkout using point of sale (POS)
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established
- Follow established cash, check and credit card acceptance
- Create price tags and merchandise signs. Stock, tag and display
- Act and work in a manner consistent with the companys core
- Demonstrate and understand compliance of the companys safety
- Answer telephone according to the company guidelines.
- Be available to assist in other areas of the store as
- Work in a fast pace environment with accuracy.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under
- Some positions may require completion of forklift
certifications through FandD.
- Where permissible by state law, certification to use heavy
equipment requires successful passing of a drug test.
Working Conditions (travel and environment)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving
vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically
quiet to moderate.
Ability exert 30 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30
pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20
pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise
move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and
fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to
stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: Floor and Decor considers all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical
condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status,
or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law. Floor and Decor also provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement
between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by
the employer at its sole discretion.BENEFITS & REWARDS:
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates
and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes,
compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical
disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military
or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic
information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including
recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training,
upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination,
compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and
conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit
employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the
basis of any legally protected status outlined above.Apply
Keywords: Floor and Decor, Knoxville , Retail Sales Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!