SHIFT LEADER ENVIRONMENT SVCS
Company: Covenant Health
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Shift Leader Environmental ServicesFull Time, 80 hours per pay
period, Day ShiftOur team provides cleaning of occupied patient
rooms, discharged rooms, all departments and halls of the facility.
Our employees are positive and always looking for ways to provide
excellent service for our patients and visitors. Our most
successful employees are dependable and hardworking people who care
for their fellow workers and put our patients first. Being
self-motivated and dedicated is also imperative to being
successful. Our department includes: Housekeeper 1 (general
cleaners), Housekeeper 2 (general cleaners & floors and project
work), Lead Workers (Supervise, general cleaners and floors and
project work), and Shift Leaders (supervise, general cleaners &
floors and project work). We provide training to each employee to
be successful and retraining as needed to ensure excellent service.
We use feedback from employees on areas for improvement, and ways
to provide the best possible service. Our full-time employees work
eight hour days and are scheduled on an every-other-weekend
rotation, working ten of the fourteen day pay period. Position
Summary: Under general supervision of department leadership, is
responsible for keeping the facility in a clean and sanitary
condition in order to provide a healthy environment for patients,
visitors and staff. Assists staff to cover cleaning tasks in all
areas. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in performing
the duties listed below. Responsibilities
- Participates in performance appraisal of staff on applicable
- Participates in hiring process, including providing hiring
recommendations to the department leader.
- Prepares documentation for possible disciplinary actions and
makes recommendations for such action to the department
- Provides recommendations to department leader for
commendations, bonuses, or other appropriate forms of recognition
for outstanding performance of employees on applicable shift.
- Makes work assignments and directs work activities. Coordinates
staff relief for meals, breaks, and meetings.
- Performs general cleaning of patient rooms and non-patient
- Safely uses and mixes all chemicals.
- Maintains carts and closets and keeps stocked with
- Handles clean and soiled linens.
- Follows infectious waste procedures.
- Performs quality checks.
- Opens work areas as necessary.
- Trains and orients new employees.
- Assists in preparing work schedules.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Minimum
Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal
education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate
possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform
the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be
equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given
to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.Minimum Experience:
One (1) year experience in healthcare housekeeping.
Keywords: Covenant Health, Knoxville , SHIFT LEADER ENVIRONMENT SVCS, Hospitality & Tourism , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!