Company: Covenant Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Cook - Dietary ChefFull-Time, 80 Hours per pay period, Variable
shiftsPosition Summary: Prepares, seasons and cooks food for
hospital patients, employees and visitors. Responsibilities
- Previews menus and work orders to determine type and quantities
of meats, vegetables, soups, salads and desserts to be obtained and
- Plans and coordinates cooking schedules so that foods will be
ready at required times.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes.
- Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including
grinders, slicers, mixers and blenders.
- Ensures that all foods prepared meet existing standards for
quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected
and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Maintains assigned areas in a clean, neat, and sanitary manner.
- Completes all cleaning tasks assigned within specific timeframe
and according to established procedures.
- Completes routine projects or detailed cleaning duties as
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout
the food preparation process including the proper use of gloves,
hair covering devices, clothing, etc.
- Alerts supervisor to problems and needs concerning equipment
and food supplies. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive
food, defective supplies/equipment or other unusual
- Assists with the care and maintenance of department equipment
- Maintains department records, reports and files as
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes
required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving
goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement
initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Minimum
Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal
education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate
possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform
the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be
equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given
to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.Minimum Experience:
NoneLicensure Requirement: None
Keywords: Covenant Health, Knoxville , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Morristown, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!