Shipping & Receiving Assistant
Company: Nantahala Outdoor Center
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionFor 50 years NOC has led the outdoor industry,
taking more guests whitewater rafting and teaching more paddlers
than any other outdoor recreation company. NOC also provides
top-quality aerial and trail-based adventures, and provides
unmatched retail service, foodservice, lodging, and trip planning
services. Behind NOC's rapid growth are our five core values: Lead
by Example, Do the Right Thing, Service Before Self, Work Hard-Play
Hard, Make it Happen. These core values unite a community of
leaders and pioneers in an exciting, fun and always changing work
environment.JOB SUMMARY:The Shipping and Receiving Clerk position
is a Seasonal position that will run from February to October. The
primary functions of the Shipping and Receiving Clerk are to
receive incoming FedEx and UPS deliveries, process incoming retail
inventory orders accurately, and process outgoing UPS shipments.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk reports directly to the Store
Manager but receives daily direction from the Shipping and
Receiving Specialist. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is expected
to be highly organized and must have a strong attention to detail,
ensuring that retail orders are processed accurately and
- Maintain all processes and records involved in
shipping/receiving for the NOC Outfitters Store as well as our
store at the Grove Park Inn.
- Maintain a clean, organized and efficient warehouse. Work with
store management to determine most efficient warehouse layout in
order for the shipping/receiving department to be operationally
- Be proactive in Loss Prevention by keeping the warehouse clean,
well-organized, and by maintaining proper procedures. Work with
store management to address Loss Prevention concerns.
- Communicate and resolve shipping discrepancies with outside
vendors; and communicate with Store Managers, as well as our
Merchandising and Accounting teams about all Returns to Vendor.
Maintain detailed records of Returns to Vendor and vendor credit
- Verify and process incoming and outgoing store inventory
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments via UPS and FedEx.
- Drive product between multiple retail locations. (Bryson City,
Asheville & Gatlinburg)
- Perform duties of Retail Sales Associate, and other duties as
- Previous experience with retail receiving preferred,
particularly with Lightspeed POS System
- Previous experience with UPS and FedEx mailing systems
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize our point of sale and
inventory system through one-on-one training.
- Familiarity with outdoor brands and products.
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 70 lbs.
- Comfortable with climbing ladders.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Available to work a 40 hr work week, including weekends, and
some holidays as needed.
- Must have a valid state issued Drivers License. Applicants must
- Available to work anytime, any day.Physical Requirements and
- Must be able to stand/walk on your feet for several hours at a
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or
out of breath.
- Constant use hands/arms/upper body to handle, control, or feel
objects, stock merchandise, move displays, etc.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds unassisted. And up to 150 pounds
- Able to walk up and down stair, 20 at a time, several times a
day, while carrying up to 5 pounds
- At times you may be required to work outdoors, and must dress
appropriately for the current weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively by using active listening
skills and able to convey information, suggestions and inspiration
- See details of objects a few feet away and to see differences
between colors, shades, and brightness. The above noted description
is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that
may be assigned, but rather to provide a general sense of the
responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of
business demands change, so too may the essential functions of the
position.Please note that as an employer with over 100 employees,
NOC will be required to comply with any OSHA Vaccination and
Testing Emergency Temporary Standard should that standard be
enacted. The Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) is dedicated to the
principles of equal employment opportunity in any and all terms,
conditions or privileges of employment including hiring,
promotions, termination, training and compensation. The NOC does
not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic condition or any other status protected by federal, state
or local law, where applicable. Furthermore, the NOC is committed
to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment through
respecting and valuing the diversity among employees and all those
with whom the NOC does business.
Keywords: Nantahala Outdoor Center, Knoxville , Shipping & Receiving Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!