Temporary Cashier/Stock Associate
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941.
Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the
inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful
things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands
committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of
brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being
innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn
more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and
We are currently seeking Support Associates to work at our Tanger
Outlet Sevierville store in Sevierville, TN.
The Sales Support Associate role is an integral part of the store's
overall success and efficiency; demanding direct attention to our
brand commitment when servicing our customers. Leaving a lasting
impression on our customers through friendly, efficient
interactions at our cash wrap and a well-maintained sales floor.
Accurate and effective work, supporting the flow of product from
the moment of receipt through the point of sale is essential to
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Sales
• Greeting the customer with a smile and with eye contact and
offering your name
• Interact genuinely and naturally with the customer
• Read cues and determine customers' needs
• Conduct email/name capture, where permitted by law
• Maintain accuracy when operating POS
• Maintain cash wrap organization and cleanliness
• Suggest multiple add-ons and sell gift cards
• Maintain cash and POS media accurately and in compliance with
• Create lasting impression by genuinely thanking customer and
provide reason to return
• Represent Coach brand appropriately
STOCKROOM / WAREHOUSE:
• Receive shipment and transfers
• Notify Store Management when new product arrives
• Scan cartons/transfers, verifying store information is
• Communicate all discrepancies to Store Management
• Process shipment/transfers according to Coach standards and
• Organize and clean stock room daily; to include offsite / remote
warehouse as applicable
• Shift/organize product in the stockroom; react to sell through
and make room for new product
• Manage stock levels/product ownership in back-of-house and sales
• Prepare and conduct regular cycle counts, as directed
• Participate in store physical inventory counts, as scheduled
• Maintain Company Loss Prevention standards
• SALES FLOOR:
• Regularly analyze sales floor to assess replenishment needs
• Replenish sales floor/assigned zone
• React to sell through and execute visual merchandising needs.
• Support sales floor activities, as directed
• Effectively communicate information pertaining to price points,
features/benefits, color and stock availability to multiple
• Respond to customer requests confidently; partner with sales team
or Store Management, when needed
• Upkeep housekeeping standards
Experience: 1- 3 years of previous retail experience (cashier/stock
experience, sales etc.), preferably in a luxury retail service
environment. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and
competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree
Technical: Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer
skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and
Internet), utilize walkie talkie, understand and read price and
product release sheets.
Physical: Ability to execute at a fast pace. Ability to communicate
effectively with customers and team. Ability to maneuver the sales
floor, sales shelves, and stock room; climbing, bending, and
kneeling are required. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to
25 pounds and, at times, lift and carry product/cartons up to 50
pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule: Ability to meet Coach Scheduling & Availability
Expectations, including ability to work a flexible schedule,
including nights, weekends, and holidays high retail traffic and
sales days (including but not limited to the day after
Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother's Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of job duties and
responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all
Tapestry, Inc., parent company of the Coach brand, is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action, employer and we pride ourselves
on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions
(including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer,
training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's
or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of
the position under consideration. These decisions are made without
regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion,
ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability,
marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other
legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Visit Coach at www.coach.com
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said;
provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and
corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand;
faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not
including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to
take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can
shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the
total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't
have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up,
down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a
relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and
stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development
discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs
compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to
accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and
further development; cooperates with the developmental system in
the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All
employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are
based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they
relate to the requirements of the position under consideration.
These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color,
creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship,
disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any
other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable
law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 107029
Keywords: Tapestry, Knoxville , Temporary Cashier/Stock Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Sevierville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!