Human Resources Generalist
Company: Y-12 FCU
Posted on: February 14, 2020
The HR Generalist is responsible for assisting the HR department
with day-to-day operations. The HR Generalist will work cohesively
with the HR team to support the talent acquisition, talent
development, and talent management strategies. This role is the
backbone of our team enabling us to provide WOW experiences to our
Reports to:VP, HR& Talent Development
1. Responds to internal and external HR related inquiries or
requests and provides assistance.
2. Recruiting admin support- Supports Talent Acquisition Specialist
(posting jobs to various job boards, ordering assessments,
scheduling interviews, creating offer letters, running background
3. Responsible for all aspects of new hire orientation (held 1-2
times per month). Working with the Talent Acquisition Specialist
and Talent Development Team to ensure a seamless onboarding
process. This includes room set up, ordering/picking up meals,
assembling giveaways, and Form I-9 administration.
4. Handle confidential and sensitive information and deliver timely
and accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
5. Assist with department strategic projects.
6. Acts as backup to Payroll and Benefits Manager running payroll
7. Ensures employee handbook is up to date and changes are
8. Acts as co-administrator for our HR systems (Ultipro and
9. Admin duties (orders flowers, sends employee gifts, invoicing,
check mail, processing tuition reimbursement requests, maintain our
HR intranet page, facilitating employee verifications, ordering HR
10. Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned and
participate with any assigned groups or committees.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of proven experience as an HR Administrative
Assistant, HR Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, or
- Human Resources certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A positive,"can-do" attitude.
- Must be proactive and follow up on requests.
- Prioritizes tasks and works well under pressure. This person
must operate with a sense of urgency.
- Solid organizational skills, including superior multitasking
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a
- To deliver high quality service by meeting the following
I will identify your financial needs and offer a solution that will
improve your financial life.
I will provide you with accurate and timely information.
I will express my appreciation for your business.
I will treat you with respect and maintain the highest standard of
I will always call you by your name.
I will take ownership of your request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and
sit. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling,
stooping, crouching. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move
items over 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typical office- no hazardous or unpleasant conditions.
We are an EEO Employer
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential
functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks,
only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded.
Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined
to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the
positions. In no instance, however, should the duties,
responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as
all-inclusive. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign
additional functions and requirements.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is
possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will
be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the
employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the
Keywords: Y-12 FCU, Knoxville , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!