Director of Software Development
Company: Patriot Talent Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Knoxville, TN - Director, Software Development - Full-Time We
are actively recruiting Director, Software Development for our
client in Knoxville, TN. This is a direct hire position in
Knoxville, TN. The Director, Software Development is the leader who
leads a team of software developers and engineers to deliver
applications and integrations in an Agile fashion. Our client is
new to Scrum and are building out our Scrum practice to drive
constant and consistent improvements to our IT practices.Due to
client's request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in
the United States without sponsorship. Responsibilities:
- This role reports to the Vice President of Technology and is a
leader within the IT organization
- Management of multiple software engineering teams
- Leading engineering design and development teams across
multiple cross-functional domains
- Leadership of product user interaction and experience design
- Product development scope for the role includes core system
application design, companion applications, end-to-end QA
responsibility and user trial program management
- The role requires delivery of a complex product at a very
high-quality bar in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires working closely with the business leaders
and product owners to define strategy and requirements, and leading
development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent
- This position involves regular communication with senior
management on technical development, product strategy, status, and
- Excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical
competency are essential.
- Business experience, ideally in business management, legal,
financial or information or IT management - recently at or near the
executive level. Broad business experience internally and within
the vertical industry is desired.
- Progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional
teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing
effectively across the organization and within complex
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes,
and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and
- Strategy and management consulting experience desirable.
- Building and managing development teams that design and deliver
large distributed systems - preferably in agile development,
object-oriented systems realm with high availability.
- Solid system design and architecture experience.
- People management experience building strong teams and managing
managers. A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Deep knowledge of programming (including Objective C, C++,
Java, messaging protocols, and web services) and build
- Experience in Internet and mobile platforms - web based
technology and mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Exceptional project planning/execution skills including
estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Demonstrated experience in building, delivering and operating
products and services in a consumer-centric space.
- Strong verbal/written communication and inter-personal
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferably in Computer Science
(or related discipline)
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer in OOD and
object-oriented languages "Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Patriot Talent Solutions, Knoxville , Director of Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!