System Administrator - Windows Lifecycle Management
Company: Consolidated Nuclear Security
Location: Oak Ridge
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job Title: System Administrator - Windows Lifecycle Management
Career Level From: Senior Associate
Career Level To: Senior Specialist
Organization: Information Solutions & Srvcs (50405138)
Job Specialty: System AdministrationWhat You'll Do
- Proactively evaluates and remediates risk related to legacy
end-of-life hardware and software, primarily residing in the
Windows Server Infrastructure. Responsible for coordinating with
customers and system owners to ensure their applications remain up
to date and supported, including ensuring that operating systems
and third-party software is updated and supported as well. Develops
and recommends corrective actions for systems that cannot be
upgraded to supported versions.
- Works with customers and system owners to update legacy
end-of-life software, including applications, operating systems and
- Create, as needed, advanced Powershell scripts to update
systems or components that are unsupported.
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle management from discovery to
- Implement processes, capabilities and techniques for lifecycle
- Develop mitigations to reduce the vulnerability risk when a
system cannot be upgraded within the established timeframe.
- May require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer
- Performs system monitoring of accountable systems and
contributes to optimum system availability.
- Develops and adapts new techniques to solve complex problems in
such areas as management science and information technology.
- Develops and maintains current operational procedures and user
documentation applicable to the supported systems.
- Responsible for improving and communicating general system
knowledge, skills and capabilities, and providing advanced
technical consultation as required.
- Accountable for all direct output assigned and for providing
direct output support to his/her manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required to attend and/or successfully complete training
classes as determined by the Training and Development Technologies
Department, through General Employee Training (Reference DOE Order
426.2), and Management.
- Attends all required safety meetings and training. Offers
suggestions on improvements to the work environment.What You Can
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions
vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and
wellness initiatives.Minimum Job RequirementsBachelor's degree in
engineering/science/information technology discipline with a
minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree in
engineering/science/information technology discipline.
Ten or more years of relevant education, training, and/or
progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and
years-of-experience requirements for this posting. For postings on
the Engineering, Science and IT Ladder, in lieu of a technical
bachelor's degree, the Operations Professional Ladder may be
considered.Preferred Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/science/information technology
discipline with a minimum of four years of relevant experience or a
Master's degree in engineering/science/information technology
discipline with a minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of information technology systems in a
highly distributed computing environment.
- Strong understanding of the current Microsoft Windows Operating
Systems (server and desktop OS's).
- Strong understanding of patch management systems (SCCM, WSUS,
- Strong understanding of the interactions between applications,
operating systems, and third-party software.
- Understanding of the current Microsoft Windows Infrastructure
components (AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS).
- Basic troubleshooting of Weblogic managed servers and its
- General understanding of the current RHEL Linux Operating
- General understanding of Oracle and SQL Server DBMS
- General understanding of Networking equipment and
- Experience with securing hardware and software components.
- Experience with virtual computing environments, including
desktops and servers.
- Experience with backup and recovery of physical and virtual
- Strong Scripting skills.
- Experience with deploying applications across a large
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with customers
and technical personnel across departments and organizations.
- Ability to present technical and operational information
clearly and effectively through the oral and written word, solve
complex technical problems, and be alert to changes that may affect
the security and operational environment of systems.NotesThe
minimum education and experience for the lowest career level in the
job posting range are listed under Minimum Job Requirements.
Successful candidates hired into a higher career level than the
minimum in the range must meet the requirements listed in the job
leveling charts for the career level into which they are being
If a range of Career Levels is posted, i.e., Senior Associate to
Senior Specialist, internal applicants already in one of the Career
Levels would come across at their current Career Level. Internal
applicants currently in a lower level Career Level would move to
the lowest posted Career Level, and internal applicants in higher
Career Levels may be considered, on an exception basis, to come
across laterally based on the applicant's education and experience,
and the scope of work being performed in the role.
Requires a Q clearance; however all qualified candidates will be
considered regardless of their current clearance status. The
ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Q clearance
Position may require entry into Materials Access Areas (MAA) and
participation in the Human Reliability Program (HRP). If HRP is
required, candidate must complete a counterintelligence-scope
polygraph, pursuant to 10CFR 709. Medical requirements may
CNS is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will
be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and
background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to
receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States
Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for
access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a
requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are
subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance
notification.CNS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information,
disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Consolidated Nuclear Security, Knoxville , System Administrator - Windows Lifecycle Management, IT / Software / Systems , Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!