Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
ChampionX is seeking a Senior Software Engineer located in
Knoxville, TN, The Woodland, TX, or Sugar Land, TX This role will
be accountable for software design and development of innovative
automation device technology used for Oil & Gas and Chemical
Technologies. This role is responsible for new product software
engineering throughout the product development life (idea to
launch) and sustaining software engineering. You will also
research, design, and develop computer software systems in
conjunction with hardware product development.What's in it For
- A flexible, independent work environment.
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and technology.
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a
safety-focused culture, and empowers its employees through
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, 401(k) with company matching and more!What You Will Do:
- Review and validate system software requirements to determine
feasibility of design constraints.
- Estimate work effort levels for software development projects
- Develop and update functionality for automation software,
systems, and sub-systems.
- Performing complex functional development, code reviews along
with sandbox & production deployment.
- Evaluate hardware and software interfaces and system
requirements working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Involved in complete life cycle of projects, which includes
feature Design, Development and support for the effective
implementation of Enterprise level applications using Agile
- Identify, evaluate, and develop engineering tools and processes
necessary to meet a project's engineering and business goals.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or
developments, maintaining a focus on safety, quality and
- Develop test plans and systems for software and system
- Conduct problem root cause investigations and determine proper
- Lead and participate actively in software design and code
reviews.Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Advance degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Engineering or related field required BS+8 year, MS+6 years, PhD+4
- At least 4 years of experience with C# programming.
- Development using IOT security best practices.
- Experience with SQL database best practices, NoSQL, and
- Interprocess microservice communications using REST, GraphQL,
and MQTT publisher/subscriber.
- Programming language fluency required with C, C++.
- Experience implementing IOT Stack using Azure stack services,
including IOT Edge & IOT Hub
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and Azure Devops (TFS),
development in .NET Core & Azure, owning CI/CD of the deployment
process in Azure DevOps.
- Experience with agile team-based software development toolsets
and revision control systems.
- Experience defining a structured solution and making
architecture decisions that meets all technical and operational
- Skilled with micro-service architecture deployment using Docker
- Experience with troubleshooting networked solutions, including:
LTE, 802.3, 802.11, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, 802.15.4 (zigbee), BLE,
NB-IOT, LoRa, and mesh networking.
- Experienced using IOT stack protocols, especially MQTT, and
- Experience with automated IOT device provisioning.
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this role.Preferred
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas control and measurement systems;
rod-lift, ESP, and reciprocating machinery condition
- Experience with Python, REACT and Node Red.
- Experience with mission critical automation and control
systems.About ChampionXChampionX is a global leader in providing
chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial
lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and
midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture
fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to
deliver sustainable operations.Our Commitment to Diversity and
Inclusion At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and
inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where
every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to
fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit,
hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement
on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In
all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working
conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin,
citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability,
or status as a covered veteran. In addition, we are committed to
furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize
minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all
levels of the workforce. We will consider for employment all
qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a
manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and
local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance
Keywords: ChampionX, Knoxville , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!