Senior MicroStrategy Developer job opportunity in Knoxville, TN
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Exceptional job opportunity with a local well-known company for a Senior MicroStrategy Developer is available in Knoxville, TN! This is a permanent position with excellent benefits. The successful candidate will join an established dynamic team of outstanding developers. Fun and casual work environment.
About the company: growing enterprise-level client, great work environment that includes walking park, gym, etc. The client promotes team environment and supports team-building events. Mentoring environment, healthy work/life balance.
This position is responsible for MicroStrategy environment, including development, deployment and monitoring and will work intimately with the team responsible for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). The ideal candidate will have experience in developing MicroStrategy schema objects, designing complex Mobile and Web dashboards/reports and administering the entire MicroStrategy environment.
Job functions and responsibilities:
• Hands-on development within the MicroStrategy 9 environment, including utilizing Developer, Web, Mobile and the SDK
• Providing technical leadership for the entire MicroStrategy environment including architecture, best practices, processes, development standards and enforcing those standards
• Understanding and translating customer and user requirements and goals into scalable and actionable MicroStrategy solutions
• Installing, configuring and administering MicroStrategy 9 products, including the Intelligence Server, Distribution Services, Web Server, Mobile Server, Enterprise Manager, Object Manager and Integrity Manager
• Architecting MicroStrategy projects from end to end, including creating project source/projects, importing tables, creating logical tables, facts, metrics, attributes, transformations, partitions etc.
• Troubleshooting and tuning to determine and fix any data issues, incorrect joins, incorrect results and/or performance issues.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 8 years of experience and/or training in the technical Business Intelligence field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a MicroStrategy environment, including dashboard/report design as well as schema creation
• Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role on a Data Warehousing or MicroStrategy team
• Solid understanding of relational structures, dimensional data modeling, DataWarehouse and BI techniques
• Advanced SQL – ability to build and debug/maintain advanced SQL queries
• Understanding of promotion between different instances and projects used by multiple teams
• Experience with MicroStrategy security and user/group models, including implementing user/object/project level security, users and user groups and security roles
• Strong Analytical and problem solving abilities
• Proficient in analyzing business/data requirements, writing metadata definitions, and writing data mapping specifications
• Excellence in oral/written communications, interpersonal relations, team cooperation and demonstrated ability to communicate with both technical and business stakeholders
• Proficient in data analysis, defect identifications and resolutions
• Understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling
• Experience with full lifecycle development projects and Agile methodologies
• Excellent project management and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with Informatica’ s Product Suite, particularly PowerCenter 9.x and PowerExchange 9.x
• Familiarity with Oracle database (11g, 10g or 9i) features such as materialized views, bitmap indexes, IOTs, external tables, etc. especially as ETL pertains to them
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices, particularly related to Enterprise Data Warehousing.
• Certification as MCD (MicroStrategy Certified Developer) or MCE (MicroStrategy Certified Engineer)
• PL/SQL experience
• Erwin data modeling experience
Keywords: , Knoxville , Senior MicroStrategy Developer job opportunity in Knoxville, TN, IT / Software / Systems , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!