Oracle Database Engineer job opportunity in Knoxville, TN
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Exceptional job opportunity with a local well-known company for a talented Oracle Database Engineer! This is a permanent position with excellent benefits. The successful candidate will join an established dynamic team of outstanding engineers. Fun and casual work environment.
About the company: growing enterprise-level client, great work environment that includes walking park, gym, etc. The client promotes team environment and supports team-building events. Mentoring environment, healthy work/life balance.
Seeking a passionate software professional who can juggle design, development, and troubleshooting activities primarily within an Oracle database environment. In this position you will be working with a Software Engineering staff that is highly proficient and agile and you will be providing Database Administration and Engineering support for this team. In this position you will have an opportunity to make a difference every day you come to work - we are looking for someone who will seize that opportunity.
This is an Agile/Scrum environment; versatility and adaptability are critical. On a daily basis you will be working with our development professionals to analyze, define, design, code, and verify database structures and code for mission-critical applications and services. These teams will lean on you for your extensive knowledge and background with Oracle databases, general database theory and application, and skills with the full Oracle toolset. You will also be asked to assist with database deployments, troubleshooting database issues (particularly performance problems), managing users, and other daily database tasks.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience developing complex, reliable, professional database applications using Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
• Heavy experience with Oracle 10g/11g
• Good experience in designing and modeling database objects and actions; will be responsible for gathering input from Scrum Teams and Architects and translating those ideas into robust conceptual and physical data models. Familiarity with modeling tools is important
• The ability to clearly communicate database issues and technology with software development teams and Architects. Since this position works closely with our Scrum teams. It will be your responsibility to mentor them, guide them, and let them know what is possible with current oracle technology
• Highly developed skills for troubleshooting and solving database performance problems. This includes the know how to trace database performance issues, identify common and uncommon performance bottlenecks, and tune SQL, PL/SQL and database objects
• Efficient in performing Database Administration tasks, such as managing users and privileges, creating and modifying database objects, creating and modifying storage structures, configuring and tuning databases
• A good understanding of Software as a Service/Service Oriented Architecture and how it relates to Database technology;
• Demonstrated technical experience with Oracle’s E Business Suite;
• A track record of continued professional and technical growth. A demonstrated love of technology and development;
• Linux/UNIX administration skills and experience;
• Professional experience with enterprise class Java development;
• Knowledge and experience with object-relational mapping and tools such as iBatis and Hibernate;
• Experience designing, using and developing XML database applications;
• 2-3 years of experience with large-scale e-commerce applications and databases;
• Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment;
• Hands on professional experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, MySql or any other non-oracle database.
Keywords: , Knoxville , Oracle Database Engineer job opportunity in Knoxville, TN, IT / Software / Systems , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!