IT Enterprise Content Manager
Posted on: November 10, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
The Manager, Enterprise Content Management leads a team of IT
professionals responsible for the design, build, testing,
deployment, and support of enterprise-level content management
solutions based around the OnBase system. The ECM Manager also
leads the selection, installation and maintenance of computerized
information systems suited to current and projected business needs,
and participates in the development of written proposals and in the
evaluation of the technical capabilities of vendor solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the enhancement of existing systems or development of new
systems by analyzing business objectives, identifying areas for
modification and improvement, designing technical specifications,
and developing technical solutions.
- Leads the maintenance of existing software systems by
identifying and correcting software defects.
- Develops written IT proposals and evaluates vendor technical
- Leads the design, selection, and system integration of software
and hardware systems.
- Coordinates activities between other IT and business units
- Works closely with EDM operational staff to troubleshoot system
issues and to ensure that OnBase end user needs are successfully
- Focuses on actions that ensure and preserve OnBase system
stability. JOB REQUIREMENTS
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
Administration or related field.
- 7 years IT experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with C# or VB.NET,
SQLServer or Oracle, HTML, scripting languages, and Visual
- Strong technical background in database structures, Windows
Server, LAN/WAN environments, web-based computing environments, and
client/server computing environments.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of IT professionals to
design, build, deploy, and support enterprise-level IT
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced
environment with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Hands-on experience with technologies such as OnBase,
Documentum, Cardiff, or a workflow-based application system
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
Cloverleaf, Informatica PowerCenter, B2B Data Transformation,
healthcare information systems, Kofax, Lead Tools, OCR.
- Supervises a team of 4-5 employees and additional contractor
support as needed.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Potential rotational on-call availability for 7 days per
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional travel.
DISCLAIMERCooperative, positive, courteous and professional
behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position.
All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and
receiving instructions. This includes getting along with
co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior
extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such
as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading,
speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job
performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the
information contained in this job description has been designated
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this position.
Keywords: TeamHealth, Knoxville , IT Enterprise Content Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!