Company: Anderson County Government
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Title: Paralegal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $34,915 B.O.E.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a meaningful
environment? If so, this is the job for you. The Anderson County
Paralegal position's best candidate will have years of in office
administrative experience and with extensive knowledge in
government law. To perform this job successfully, an applicant must
be a team player and possess sufficient knowledge of typing, office
machines and computers to perform daily duties. Must be able to
communicate effectively. A courteous and friendly demeanor is
We are looking for people who:
- Find creative problem solving of technical challenges
fulfilling and challenging.
- An A+ team player.
- Are self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Uphold the utmost confidentiality.
- Possess organization skills that lends to the need for detail
specific form completion.
- Thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and are
comfortable dealing with fast pace environment.
- Have a clear, professional and informative communication style.
POSITION PURPOSE: performing secretarial/administrative work
associated with providing administrative support while supporting
our practice by preparing documents such as legal pleadings and
other correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files.
Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
coordinating and attending meetings (which may occur after regular
business hours), recording and transcribing meeting minutes,
preparing resolutions and legal pleadings, processing
documentation, maintaining records, assisting the public,
processing documentation and information, file pleadings with court
clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and
assisting with other tasks as required.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to
talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting
with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, complaints, answers, discovery requests,
contracts, real estate closing statements, tax pleadings,
bankruptcies, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public
records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including
delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering, researching and analyzing statutes, decisions, and
legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS:
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal
certification program of education and training, or an associate
degree in paralegal studies, or
- Associate or Bachelor's degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive
documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented
- Office administration or paralegal experience preferred.
- Experience with LEXIS or WESTLAW legal research tools.
- Effectively multitask and essentially thrive in a busy,
team-oriented environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to lift a minimum of thirty (30) pounds, sit and stand
for long periods of time. Utilize stairs and walk to various County
offices within a quarter mile of the office. (Reasonable
accommodations will be met if needed.)
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB:
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You
know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and
- You bring solutions to the table, not just problems.
- You're comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move
fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the
information. NECCESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a valid Tennessee Driver's License (Class D) and
the ability to be insured at standard vehicle liability rates. What
is in it for you?
- County Paid Benefits
- FREE Short Term Disability
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Onsite Health Clinic (with the purchase of medical
- FREE Employee Only Basic Dental Plan
- FREE Telehealth: medical and behavioral
- FREE Employee Assistance Program
- County Share Payment of Benefits
- Medical / Behavioral / Prescription
- Vision / Dental (buy-up and family plan)
- State Defined Retirement
- Voluntary Benefit Options
- Critical Care / Cancer
- Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- 401k (Roth plan available)and 457b Retirement
- Personal Time Off
Anderson County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Is it
the policy of Anderson County to provide EEO to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, marital status, statues with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Anderson County Government, Knoxville , Paralegal, Legal , Clinton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...