Sr. Analyst Specialist / Civil Fraud Analyst Supporting the US Attorney's Office #18-564
Company: Forfeiture Support Associates
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Salary: Salary Commensurate w/Exp
Published Job Title:
Sr. Analyst Specialist / Civil Fraud Analyst Supporting the US Attorney's Office
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers Engility and AECOM, has a vacancy for a Senior Analytical Specialist/Civil Fraud Analyst supporting the US Attorney's Office.
A Senior Analytical Specialist/Civil Fraud Analyst performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
- The Civil Fraud Analyst will work under the direction of the Project Task Leader.
- Provide comprehensive claims analysis for all ACE matters. Isolate claims billed with a given modifier and determine what other services were billed with those claims as part of assessing possible inappropriate use;
- Identify possible outlier billings within specific codes, which are the payment driver for health care claims;
- Normalize claims data across several health benefit plans in order to perform a time study or other as--sessment of the claims, such as identifying the day of the week a provider visits a skilled nursing facility;
- Identify trends or other data within records obtained through investigation or discovery and use that in--format10n to test the data for various conditions;
- Re-interpret (extrapolate) results of a Statistically Valid Random Sample if changes are made to the sample review results; and Develop and defend loss calculation methodologies.
- Actively communications with witnesses, persons of interest, and local/state/federal agency re_present--atives to gather facts, collective sequence of events, statements and perform overall investigaions
- The Civil Fraud Analyst will be able to examine documents such as financial records, reports, various correspondence, and computer data in to establish fact patterns verify or create relationships between new and existing facts/parties/evidence. The Civil Fraud Analyst wifl also provide attorneys with in--vestigative plans and conclusions necessary for successful litigation. Addit10nal duties may include au--thenticate documents, evidence, corroborate witness statements, reports, and assessments.
- Devises methodologies for obtaining evidence, evidence preservation and trial presentation of evidence.
- Provides recommendations and overall assistance to AUSAs on document compilation, physical evidence, demonstratives, and audio-visual materials that may be used for motions or trial. Must be able to analyze fact patterns and communicate findings to AUSAs.
- Assists in obtaining documents and other information related to cases. Performs research to locate potential witnesses.
- Conducts in-house, telephone and database research; manages case file. Some travel may be required.
A Senior Analytical Specialist/Civil Fraud Analyst must meet the following qualifications:
- Experience in document analysis, particularly in relation to fraud cases.
- Must have a Bachelors degree and 2+ years' experience in performing on-line database research and telephone research.
- Working knowledge of various public repositories of information. Desired experience with Medicare/Medicaid claims, student loan programs, and DOD contracting.
- Familiarity with interviewing witnesses, investigative processes, Online Research tools such as Lexis--Nexis and or WestLaw)
- Investigative or Law Enforcement Background helpful. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills are extremely important. Familiarity with automated litigation support helpful
- Ability to meet fast approaching deadlines. Must be able to work well in a team setting.
- Must be able to lift case files that weigh 40 pounds
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA) LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law.
FSA Internal Use Only::
Keywords: Forfeiture Support Associates, Knoxville , Sr. Analyst Specialist / Civil Fraud Analyst Supporting the US Attorney's Office #18-564, Legal , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!