Are you ready?
Graybar has been powering industry for more than 150 years, and
has a deep understanding of the technologies and solutions needed
for success plant operations. We are currently adding Outside Sales
Representatives across the United States to focus on selling
products and services to increase our focus in industrial
automation products and solutions across the Food & Beverage,
Water/Waste Water and Metals, Mining and Mineral sectors. You will
develop new prospects and maintain contact with established
customers, regularly visiting them at their site of business or
other off-site locations. If connecting personally with your
customers and delivering the best service in the industry is your
priority, we are looking for you to join us in being a part of this
In this role you will:
- Meet or exceed assigned annual budgets working in assigned
- Support strategic accounts as primary point of contact for
- Drive sales and merchandise programs, provide input on new
products and services
- Build strong relationships with customers, understanding their
needs and recommending Graybar services and programs tailored to
their business objectives
- Navigate inside the customer and gain market share of their
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows and sales
- Ensure up-to-date, accurate customer records including reports
of business transactions
- Travel up to 60-70% of the time for face to face meetings
(company car will be provided)
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales required
- Ability to sell, negotiate and be persuasive
- Knowledge of product line and pricing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while working
on multiple opportunities in parallel
- Technical degree or Business degree with related field or
equivalent experience with industrial automation preferred
- Preferred experience in the following markets:
- Knowledge of high-tech industrial automation products
- Knowledge of engineering principles related to customer
- Knowledge of suppliers' automation products
B2B business strategies
- Preferred experience in Industrial sales or business
- Preferred experience or trade knowledge of industrial
- Understanding of territory with business connections in market
Why should you join Graybar?
Graybar is a leading North American distributor of electrical,
communications and data networking products and a provider of
supply chain management and logistics solutions. Come see why
Graybar is continually ranked as a top employer across the
As an employee-owned company, our employees are the key to our
success. We provide comprehensive benefits and opportunities for
learning and development. Whether you are just starting your career
or have years of experience, you will be proud to work for a
thriving company with a solid foundation. Learn more at
This is your chance to grow your career with Graybar. Apply now
and find out what's next for you.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company.
We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas
and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and
compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we
welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into
our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the
right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to
feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We
believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect,
and we work to build a collaborative environment where our
employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a
difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working
as one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique
value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what's next for you.
At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our
employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar,
you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12
months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits.
Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental
Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts,
Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid
Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future
opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner
of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job
postings become available that meet your interest!