Front End Manager
Company: Food City
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote and maintain efficient and courteous service to
customers at all times.
- Supervise and monitor the total functions of the front
- Supervise and monitor all cashiers, courtesy clerks, fuel, and
- Supervise and monitor the computer room operator and coordinate
- Maintain security of safe and change funds.
- Count safe during scheduled shifts.
- Know and enforce security policies and procedures for store
safes. Keep safes locked at all times.
- Accountable for security of all safe combinations, keys, and
numbers entrusted to you at all times.
- See that all cash, deposits and pick-ups are properly
- Cash and approve checks and monitor check cashing and tendering
procedure making sure they are correctly followed.
- Promote use of ValuCard
- Monitor and enforce coupon handling procedures.
- Monitor supply usage.
- Promote and maintain good housekeeping on the front end.
- Keep adequate number of shopping carts on front end at all
- Know and enforce company dress code policies including proper
use if names tags.
- See that all UPS deliveries are logged.
- Ensure that all funds are maintained and secured.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding any and all rental
- Know, follow, and enforce all state and local laws, as well as
company policies and procedures regarding the sale of alcoholic
beverages, tobacco products, as well as lottery and lotto tickets
- Know, follow and enforce all federal laws and company
procedures regarding handling of WIC checks.
- Maintain and enforce all policies and procedures for Charge
Accounts, Debit/Credit/EFS/EBT/Gift Cards.
- Assist in maintaining the proper inventory levels of all items
for sale in customer service area and candy racks.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of computer and check
lane recovery offline procedures.
- Follow and enforce proper procedures for handling two-party
checks and authorized payroll check procedures including check
- Follow and enforce all policies and proper procedures on
banking and armored car services.
- Follow proper procedures for the sale of Money Orders, Postage
Stamps, Coinstar, Hunting and Fishing License, Rentals and
- Ensure that all front end associates take all breaks and
lunches as scheduled.
- Verify all funds received from bank in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Answer and facilitate all incoming phone calls.
- Follow and enforce all policies regarding tax-exempt
- Know, follow and enforce all company policies regarding child
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist in giving produce tests to authorized cash register
operators on a weekly basis.
- Assist in keeping checkout lines moving as fast as
- Assist cashiers in unloading the bottom of shopping carts.
?Benefits of working for Food City:
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly
Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability
Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid
Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!
About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a
driving mission to "run the best store in town." Dedicated to
giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our
associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We
consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the
company is currently owned by our associates through our employee
stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services
and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking,
accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career
opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our
associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If
you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try
something different, consider becoming part of the Food City
Keywords: Food City, Knoxville , Front End Manager, Other , Maryville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!