Quality Assurance Coordinator
Company: Ball Metalpack
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal
packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol
manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation,
we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and
we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in
innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our
1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S.
Primary Purpose of Position
Provides support for the quality assurance function as
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating
monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and
investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing
improvement of the food safety system.
- Assures compliance for the process control system by reviewing
line data and verifying data with random sampling.
- Monitors the finished product by inspecting the quality
system's effectiveness, analyzing trends and deviations, and
initiating recommendations for improvement.
- Supports plant material and process changes by providing
specialized data and analysis, capability studies, trend analysis,
charting techniques, significant testing, and facilitating
discussions that lead to logical and sound conclusions.
- Acts in an advisory capacity by informing production and
quality assurance management of significant process deviations.
Uses judgment in determining the significance of process
deviations, initiates action to prevent production or shipment of
substandard products, isolates defective products, and executes
sampling plans to determine fitness for use.
- Provides specialized lab testing service by analyzing the
fitness of incoming materials, and determining the fitness to
standards of finished products.
- Calibrates test equipment and ensures that it is in good
- Initiates activity reports on special investigations,
capability studies, and process deviations.
- May perform safety and GMP audits of assigned work areas.
- May perform personal accuracy reviews with new and existing
employees to verify their understanding of product checks and their
entry and retrieval of data.
- May maintain a tool room inventory system to determine when to
order, inspects new or reworked tooling assuring conformance to
specifications, and develops tooling procedures for use in
- May provide support for production by tagging pallets at the
- May perform shipping and scheduling of brewing line
- May handle outside warehouse discrepancies.
- May tag pallets with production tickets.
- Facilitates the installation and maintenance of established
quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains a gauge and inspection equipment control system to
provide and calibrate gauges and instruments as required. This
includes the initiating of requisitions to ensure compliance with
- Interacts with vendors and suppliers, maintains inspection
reports and quality complaints to determine defect trends in
materials and products, and initiates corrective action if
necessary through appropriate line or staff heads.
- Maintains reports as necessary, evaluating the quality of
designated products, in conformance with established quality
- Facilitates quality assurance training and development
- Assists in the inspection or testing of various materials and
products to determine compliance with specifications.
- As customer service liaison, analyzes problems on customer site
on a regular basis.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Maintains an awareness of and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation through
prudent use of materials, proper disposal, and segregation as
directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
- Train new or replacement quality personnel as required.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards
package including Competitive pay and Benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and
holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of
yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including
life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment
opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color,
creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Keywords: Ball Metalpack, Knoxville , Quality Assurance Coordinator, Other , Dandridge, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!