Why join us?
We are hiring! The Operations Supervisor is an integral part of
our Nuclear team. This position is based in our office in Oak
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering
and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing
infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental
consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management
services to public and private clients across the United States for
more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the
most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure
projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Stops work without fear of reprisal for unsafe conditions
potentially affecting personnel safety or environmental risk.
- Participates in the hiring process that ensures positions are
staffed with personnel who possess the appropriate education and
experience and who can be successful in meeting training and
qualification requirements that ensure personnel are appropriately
indoctrinated and trained to the necessary competence level for
performing their duties.
- Manages the activities, professional development and
performance of personnel performing work within their respective
- Ensures compliant and efficient performance of operations and
maintenance within assigned facility.
- Directs facility surveillances/rounds and reviews Round
- Ensures facility access control is maintained and ensures that
visitors without access training are properly escorted.
- Ensures that facility operations personnel are trained to
perform their job and trained regarding emergency response actions
and serves as Emergency Response Supervisor during emergencies
until relieved by Lab Superintendent.
- Notifies Facility Manager of incidents, occurrences, abnormal
occurrences, deficiencies non-conformances and other noteworthy
conditions or activities, as required.
- Leads, or participates in, facility Plan of the Day.
- Identifies facility maintenance and upgrades needed to maintain
compliance with Environmental Safety Health (ESH) and Quality
Assurance (QA) requirements.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with
requirements of safety documentation [including Documented Safety
Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR)] and in
accordance with Conduct of Operations guidelines and approved
- Executes operations and maintenance in accordance with
established plans and procedures and ensures that good housekeeping
practices are followed throughout the facility and surrounding
- Participates in facility Job Hazard Evaluation
- Serves as a Fissionable Material Supervisor (FMS) responsible
for implementation of all applicable elements of Nuclear
Criticality Safety (NCS) Program for assigned operation(s).
- Notifies management of any adverse conditions affecting the
ability of the area to comply with established NCS requirements and
for performing identified corrective actions.
- Job function also includes responsibility for fissionable
material operation, including direct supervision of Fissionable
Material Workers conducting work activities.
- Authorizes all work control tasks initiated within assigned
facility and oversees the development of alignment checklists and
- Approves lockout/tagouts and remains aware of current status of
lockout/tagouts and issues Administrative Control Tags (ACTs) and
resolves enduring use of ACTs.
- Maintains the narrative Operations Logbook, including ensuring
deficient equipment statuses are noted.
- During equipment testing, ensures equipment capability is
proven and documents return to service.
- Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System
(ISMS) guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma.
- Two-year Associates degree with chemistry desired
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information or matter.
- US citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems
- Supervisory experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to plan short- and long-term actions.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career
with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to
diversity in the workplace.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting
your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site
to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm
that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred
supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company,
SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to
recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any
financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse
characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe
that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender,
ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age,
religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other
subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to
throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your
privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to
know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you
confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.