Company: Summit Medical Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee's largest primary care
organization with more than 300 providers at 66 practice locations
in 15 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers,
mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four
express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep
services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than
280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually.
For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community,
our organization is also committed to the health of our employees
through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a
discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate
in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires
only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include
testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test
will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Concord Medical Center, a division of Summit Medical Group, is
seeking a Receptionist to join their practice. This is a full time
opportunity working M-f, 8am-5pm.
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and
- Checks-in patients, verifies and updates necessary information
in the medical records / database, performs all registration
functions and collects copays and balances due, as
- Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties, or other needs,
as appropriate. Must be customer service-oriented.
- Maintains computerized scheduling and follows office scheduling
- Handles phone calls as appropriate (e.g. appointment
confirmations, referral calls, pre-certs, etc.)
- Files charts and coordinates lab work, as requested.
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records, and other
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Dependable and arrives to work on time.
Notifies supervisor at least 30 days in advance for time off
- Cooperates and helps out coworkers if needed and is committed
to the success of the team.
- Assists with charge entry and/or coding issues, if
- Attends meetings, as required.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality, both internally (with
other Summit employees) and externally (with the public).
- Adheres to the corporate compliance plan and policies.
- Actively participates in site-level Quality Improvement
Activities. Each employee will contribute to the continual
evaluation of site performance as well as the implementation and
measurement of improvement activities that increase the quality of
care provided to patients.
- Performs related work, as assigned.
EducationHigh School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
ExperiencePrefer one year experience in a medical office
Keywords: Summit Medical Group, Knoxville , Receptionist, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!