Company: Messer Construction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager
and general contractor that provides leadership for complex
commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now
stands as one of the nation's leading health care and higher
education builders. Messer's footprint has grown to ten regional
offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte &
Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio;
Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and
Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. We are currently seeking a
Project Manager with a passion for commercial construction to join
Messer's reputation for support, commitment, and career growth
makes it an attractive place to advance and finish your career!
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and
drive projects to successful completion through a safe work
environment, quality construction, effective LEAN planning &
scheduling, cost management, collaboration with project
stakeholders, and superior customer service. The candidate must
have a demonstrated familiarity with the construction industry and
excel in our "point of attack" management approach. The ideal
candidate will also possess a desire for growth, long-term
thinking, and relationship building skills.
- Manage owner, designer, subcontractor & vendor
- Manage and drive our Zero Injury safety program
- Implement the Quality Leadership System
- Manage & drive project schedule
- Establish budget & control costs
- Administer subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.
- Establish project-specific controls, monitor, and report
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as
- 5+ years of experience with commercial construction projects
(Healthcare, Higher Education, Industrial etc...)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
or related field
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Excellent organizational, Communication, leadership and problem
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance
Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may
condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a
post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package
with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If
you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are
interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our
website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran
status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
Keywords: Messer Construction, Knoxville , Project Manager, Other , Knoxville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!