Dura-Line Production Operator 3rd shift in Clinton TN
Company: Orbia Advance Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Dura-Line, we aspire to create a more connected world,
because we believe every company, every community, every person
deserves the chance to advance their lives through better access to
high-speed broadband. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality
products and being recognized a key partner with all of the major
telecommunications companies across the world. In one year,
Dura-Line produced over 1.4 billion feet of digital network
infrastructure. Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every time you
pick up your cell phone, log into the internet, or use your
i-anything, it's because our HDPE pathways protect that delicate
string of glass called a fiber optic cable that carries everything
from precious pictures of your puppy to the latest sports scores.
Your safety, health, family, work, entertainmentyour whole life;
that's our connection.
Clinton, TN Plant
Downstream Operator - Night Shift, 12 hour rotating shifts
As an entry level position, the Downstream Operator learns the
operational functions of handling the finished product, preparing
for customer or for the next internal operation. After mastering
this position, progressive career opportunities with Dura-Line
could include Line Operator, Lead Line Operator, Quality Assurance
Technician and Production Supervisor.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Maintain packaging (reels) of finished product and monitor
product quality requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure correct reel is in place at end of extrusion line for
product being produced
- Prepare reeling equipment for start-up.
- Operate reeling equipment (manual and auto modes)
- Monitor and maintain proper reel puller pressure.
- Monitor coiling of product onto packaging reel and ensure
customer standards are met.
- Perform required quality checks and ensure product being reeled
meets specifications: Checks may include:
- Cable in place on C-I-D (Cable In Duct) products.
- Surface temperature.
- Print line present and correct for product, and high
- Surface requirements of product.
- Defects in product (holes, die-face build-up, hot spots,
- Stripes, or any other required markings on product.
- Monitor footage and prepare end of reel when specified product
footage is reached.
- Change reels and equipment as needed.
- Prepare and perform wrapping of finished spool, if
- Cut conduit, tie-off, cap conduit and cable, if applicable,
when reel is complete.
- Stack and prepare any scrap to be moved to grinding area.
- Assist Extrusion Line Operator with line start-ups.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Train and assist other operators with reeling, cutting conduit,
tie-offs, and reel changes.
- Wear required PPE, follow plant safety rules and attend
required safety training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Notify Supervisor of any product quality issues or problems
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 months experience in manufacturing environment
- Able to communicate verbally, read and write in the English
- Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract,
- Ability to use measuring instruments and record
- Ability to lift more than 100 pounds with reasonable assistance
and 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
- Ability to hear and listen to equipment noises, visually look
for defects in product, sense temperature changes in the finished
- Able to distinguish between different colors.
- Ability to use two hands to hold and reel conduit.
- Ability to physically move about the manufacturing plant floor,
from one area to another
- Able to bend, stoop, twist at the waist and climb ladders.
- Able to work around hot machinery.
- Fast paced manufacturing floor environment with hot extrusion
- May include work outside in weather conditions.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses required.
- 12 Hour rotating shifts, 7pm-7am
Joining the DURA-LINE Team provides you with:
- Competitive starting wage
- Opportunity for growth with Company.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and
- Company-paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Ten (10) Company-paid Holidays per year, plus an Employee
designated Floating Holiday.
Dura-Line is growing & we would like YOU to join our CLINTON TN
Machine Operator, Production wokers and more (FROM ENTRY-LEVEL
TO EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL ROLES!)
ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT OUR STAY & GET PAID INCENTIVE PROGRAM
WORTH UP TO $2,000!!!
Apply today at https://www.duraline.com/about-us/careers/
You can filter business group: dura-line. select location or search
city in the title/job description
Hours vary by role: M-F 8-hour shift or rotating 12-hour shift
Pay starts at $14.50/hr- and goes up depending on experience and
Great benefits package offered the 1st of the month after start
date: Medical, Dental, Vision & Employer paid Short-Term
Disability, Long-Term Disability, & Life Insurance, 401k with
company match, and MORE!
BiWeekly paychecks & direct deposit
Great career path & advancement opportunities- We will invest in
your development and help you start & build a career path
WE OFFER REFERRAL BONUS- KNOW SOMEONE TO WANTS TO JOIN THE TEAM
What will help you succeed and grow within Dura-Line?
We provide training for entry level position. If you have
manufacturing, machine operation, production, quality, maintenance,
forklift experience you can hit the ground running!
We need someone with great attendance record- Teamwork &
Reliability is key!
Attention to Detail, Effective Communication, Driven, and
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted, work in a safe
non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment, and stand on your
feet for entirety of shift
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM! Call or Text the local recruiter at
865-386-7485 to follow up on your application or if you have any
questions. RECRUITERS ARE REVIEWING APPLICATIONS TODAY!
Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work environment
and provides career opportunities in a continuously growing
company. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining
a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base.
Clinton, TN, US, 37716
Keywords: Orbia Advance Corporation, Knoxville , Dura-Line Production Operator 3rd shift in Clinton TN, Other , Clinton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!